• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Free Download - The Day The Music Died

brosmith

• Members

This is the book that I wrote a couple of years ago. I am making it available as a free download and have attached it to this posting. I do plan on adding more material to the book (I feel the need to put in writing my position on the so-called modern hymn movement and also the contemporary direction that Majesty Music is taking). The Day the Music Died.pdf

Please note: Online Baptist requires a member to be logged into the system before a download is permitted.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

It has been over 3 years since I originally wrote "The Day the Music Died". I have recently reformatted the book and added more material to it. I am offering it to everyone as a free download. It is in PDF format. If you would like a printed copy then please email me (the cost is $15.00).

Link to free book: http://www.pioneerbaptist.org/booklet/music.pdf

Sincerely,

Bro Steve Smith

• Members

It has been over 3 years since I originally wrote "The Day the Music Died". I have recently reformatted the book and added more material to it. I am offering it to everyone as a free download. It is in PDF format. If you would like a printed copy then please email me (the cost is $15.00).

Link to free book: http://www.pioneerbaptist.org/booklet/music.pdf

Sincerely,
Bro Steve Smith

I wrote a similar book several years ago entitled "Praise Craze, Showboat Evangelicals and and Modern Praise"

Never published. It was critical of the rock style type music that is sweeping churches in these times.

Then I wrote a fiction against cessationism about a couple who escaped their cessationist church after the wife attended a charismatic conference. Finished it, but not published yet

• Moderators

I wrote a similar book several years ago entitled "Praise Craze, Showboat Evangelicals and and Modern Praise"

Never published. It was critical of the rock style type music that is sweeping churches in these times.

Then I wrote a fiction against cessationism about a couple who escaped their cessationist church after the wife attended a charismatic conference. Finished it, but not published yet

Ah, a fiction book about compromising Christians who reject the Bible command to try the spirits, whether they be of God, and so got duped into attending a false church full of babblers and confusion. nice. :thblisshe5:  :nuts:  :drool::hsyft:  :clap:  :israel:   Hey, there's some of them, now!

• Members

Please note: I made a minor change to one paragraph in the book. The grammatical construction could have given someone a false impression. I have updated the PDF file, so please download again for the corrected copy.

As for the question, how I came up with the title? Yes, it is a takeoff of "American Pie" but only in the illustrative sense. I make note of it in the Foreword of the book.

Sincerely,

Bro Steve Smith

• Members

Along these lines, I've noticed some articles dealing with what may be a growing move in churches against adaptations and outright renditions of secular pop/rock songs in churches.

I've never been to a church that played secular music. Not even the more charismatic, all CCM playing churches I've visited played any secular music.

Apparently there has been a trend in some churches to play outright renditions of secular songs during church services. How this ever seemed like a good idea or who accepted such I don't know, but there may be a backlash rising up against it.

Anyway, very great of you to offer the free PDF of your book Bro Smith! Thank you!!!

• Members

Apparently there has been a trend in some churches to play outright renditions of secular songs during church services. How this ever seemed like a good idea or who accepted such I don't know, but there may be a backlash rising up against it.

I saw (on TV) Charles Billingsley sing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" at Thomas Road Baptist Church during a church service.  

• Members

I should probably remember the words to that song since a local man used to sing that every year at the school bonfire and cookouts we had when I was a child. If I recall, it's not a "bad" song, but I don't recall anything Christian about it.

• Members

I wanted to make note that I have uploaded another corrected copy of my book. I have been re-reading it just to be sure everything is ok. I have added a few minor things here and there (they don't change the substance, only strengthen it). If you have already downloaded a copy then feel free to download it again. Just to let you know, I should be done with the final proofreading in a couple of days (that's my plan). I know, I should have thoroughly proofread it before I uploaded it, but oh well. I can't think of everything.

Here is the link again: http://www.pioneerbaptist.org/booklet/music.pdf

Sincerely,

Bro Steve Smith

brosmith@pioneerbaptist.org

• Members

Dear Friends,

I have completed the final proofreading of my book. The final draft is now available for downloading: http://www.pioneerbaptist.org/booklet/music.pdf

I apologize for the wait and jumping the gun. I should have waited until the proofreading was done before I posted this download. I apologize once again for not making sure that everything is as it should be before making this publicly available.

Sincerely,

Bro Steve Smith

brosmith@pioneerbaptist.org

Archived