• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brosmith

Your Story Hour

Well whatever you do, just remember this verse:

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Although you probably thought of it already.

If your having doubts about using them, then you definitely should get rid of them.

Better to be safe than sorry.

When my son was a baby, I would listen to "Your Story Hour." I enjoyed most of the stories, until they got to the story of Samuel being called by God. The storytellers had Samuel running in to Eli and calling him "your grace." That smacked too much of Catholicism to me!!! I never ordered the stories, though.

It's too bad that you spent the money already. I think Sean had a good point. If you strongly believe that you would be wrong to allow your children to listen to them, then you need to dispose of them. Personally, I believe we (I haven't asked my hubby, but I do think he'd agree) would listen to them and take each one on its merits and how it lines up with scripture. But as the head of your home, you need to do what you believe God would have you do.

Have you heard of Aunt Carolyn? She has a number of very good books written by her (or revised by her), illustrated by her husband's niece, and tapes that accompany the stories with her telling it. She's good (of course, I attended college there for 2 years, knew her and worked with her, so I'm a bit biased... :Green ). http://www.childrensbibleclub.com/index.htm

She also has a series of tapes on the pilgrims. And, although they aren't Baptist, they are fundamental.