• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PreacherBen

Classical Music

This has probably been addresses before, but what are ya'lls thoughts on classical music? I don't like all classical. The more modern stuff gets under my skin, with the exception of some that is of the "classical" or "baroqure" style. I like some of the Romantic era, i.e. Dvorak's New World Sym. etc.

Edited by PreacherBen

I don't listen to much music, these days. When I do have the radio on, I usually listen to Classic FM, except when we are driving out of our area when we listen to the local radio for traffc reports. Mostly, I don't have music on, as I don't like musical wallpaper.

I did briefly, today, listen to our very local Red Sands FM, which covers our town and Herne Bay, just to see what it is like. It is named after the Red Sand Forts in the Thames estuary where one of a number of pirate radio stations were broadcasting off shore in the 1960s till they were made illegal.

Red Sands FM, only broadcasts during July, as they cannot afford the licence fee for more than that.

Edited by Invicta

This has probably been addresses before, but what are ya'lls thoughts on classical music? I don't like all classical. The more modern stuff gets under my skin, with the exception of some that is of the "classical" or "baroqure" style. I like some of the Romantic era, i.e. Dvorak's New World Sym. etc.

Me neither, never cared for it at all. The only music I like & or care about allowing in my ears in very good church music.

Once several years back another person & I was helping out an elderly lady, she had left her car at a place & it would not start. We went in my pickup for I had a set of jumper cables. I had a tape playing of church hymns. He commented, "That's sure is pretty music, I just love it, but you don't ever hear it anymore." I replied, "Come to church with me on Sunday morning, Sunday night, & Wednesday night, & you will hear music just like that."

He pretended not to hear me I suppose, for he made no reply.

I might add, I do not care for bluegrass music neither, especially when its mix with church hymns.

The best sounds come when someone sings or even a group of singers sings a good hymn with a piano being played in the background. Edited by Jerry80871852

A number of hymns have classical music tunes. One that comes to mind is "Thine be the glory."

On the other hand some secular songs have stolen hymn tunes such as "Home Sweet Home" original was "Sweet Home of Our Saviour" and "On ilkla moor baht 'at" original was "Grace tis a charming sound."