• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

TLC

Prayerful

Hello, all. I stumbled across this website today in search of an answer to a question that I desparately need answered. I have been part of an IFBC for a couple of years now, but grew up in the Brethren and moved on to different Baptist churches. I agree with the stand of the IFBC and have always struggled because so many churches have turned from the KJV. Our family belongs here.
I need prayer for a very delicate matter. I don't know how to deal with it, and it may require our leaving the church - and I don't want to. I would appreciate your prayers and the Lord's wisdom -- and soon! I have never encountered a situation like this.
God bless you all.

So, can someone explain to me how this site works? I am very new to it all, and though I'm very fluent in Facebook ( :) ) ... this is rather foreign to me! Thanks for the help, and I sincerely appreciate the prayer. I honestly don't know what to do. Would love to talk to someone about it to get some wisdom from those who may have had similar situations. Don't want it to be gossip or "bashing" ... just a sincere heart being poured out looking for help. Thanks all. God bless.

So, can someone explain to me how this site works? I am very new to it all, and though I'm very fluent in Facebook ( :) ) ... this is rather foreign to me! Thanks for the help, and I sincerely appreciate the prayer. I honestly don't know what to do. Would love to talk to someone about it to get some wisdom from those who may have had similar situations. Don't want it to be gossip or "bashing" ... just a sincere heart being poured out looking for help. Thanks all. God bless.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.onlinebap...ore&module=help

Swathdiver ... No, the Lord has not responded yet, so I still wait. I have not spoken with someone about it, but am considering "Jedidiah"'s offer. I guess I feel that I because ya'll don't know me from Eve, LOL, I fear that in sharing it may sound like "gossip" or "slander" and I would never do that. I struggle greatly with this burden and honestly have no clue what to do ... leave the church or stay? And if we leave, where do we go? What do you do when you agree with the "bones" of your church, but ...

Edited by TLC

Greetings:
i am willing to pray with you.
write me obiwulu@gmail.com

as soon as i hear from you, we can discuss,. . . God Answers.

peace and joy be multiplied to you

Putting your email address in a forum is a good way to start getting lots of spam.

If you would only post it in this manner it 'might' prevent that.

obiwulu/@gmail.com

I suggest you edit your post & place a / in your email address in order to prevent spammers from picking up your email address.

Swathdiver ... No, the Lord has not responded yet, so I still wait. I have not spoken with someone about it, but am considering "Jedidiah"'s offer. I guess I feel that I because ya'll don't know me from Eve, LOL, I fear that in sharing it may sound like "gossip" or "slander" and I would never do that. I struggle greatly with this burden and honestly have no clue what to do ... leave the church or stay? And if we leave, where do we go? What do you do when you agree with the "bones" of your church, but ...

The right thing would be go talk with your pastor, the wrong thing would be to talk with anyone that is not members of your church.

For its clear, if you have something against someone you to talk with them, not spread it about, especially outside of the church your a member of.

Jerry: Yup, we absolutely do believe the Bible. I guess it's just hard to confront someone who is so resistant, and who others have tried to speak with but are shot down for doing so. When others feel the same (there's your 2-3) but are too afraid to approach the person, what do you do? I am diligently praying. It seems as though the Lord brings visitors through, who preach the necessary scriptures to support my feelings (and those of others), but they seem to fall on deaf ears. I am a "doer", so sitting around, waiting, is so very difficult... people have been "waiting" for years for a solution. I am not that tolerant. Now, saying it like that makes me sound like a terrible Christian, but I swear to you, I only want the best for this person(s), the very best. Like a kid with a bad behaviour, you just want them to lose it so that they can be the better person that God wants them to be. Very heartbreaking.

I understand, we can be put in some very difficult situations. Doing the right thing can at times be the most diffcult thing we can do.

So it seems you have no one that will stand with you, although they know wrong has been done? That makes it tough.

Jerry: Yup, we absolutely do believe the Bible. I guess it's just hard to confront someone who is so resistant, and who others have tried to speak with but are shot down for doing so. When others feel the same (there's your 2-3) but are too afraid to approach the person, what do you do? I am diligently praying. It seems as though the Lord brings visitors through, who preach the necessary scriptures to support my feelings (and those of others), but they seem to fall on deaf ears. I am a "doer", so sitting around, waiting, is so very difficult... people have been "waiting" for years for a solution. I am not that tolerant. Now, saying it like that makes me sound like a terrible Christian, but I swear to you, I only want the best for this person(s), the very best. Like a kid with a bad behaviour, you just want them to lose it so that they can be the better person that God wants them to be. Very heartbreaking.

I sent you a PM, I don't know if it will be helpful or not, but maybe it will help you a tiny bit in making a decision on what is the best course.

Just a quick update on this old post ... my first post. The Lord has answered this prayer in a most unexpected way! Praising the Lord for His goodness and to you all for your prayers. Thank you. We are now pleased to be a part of a new church plant here in our hometown! Please pray for our efforts ... we can already see the Lord working and are very, very excited!