• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Judge Orders Utah Mom To Chop Off Daughter’S Ponytail In Courtroom

• Members

It's no wonder that girl is the way she is considering how her mother is conducting herself. This girls mother should be very upset that her daughter could do such a thing to a 3 year old. This wasn't even a spur of the moment act, the girl actually went out, bought scissors, came back and cut the little girls hair off. Premeditated malice.

The judge made the right call. If more judges dealt with youth, and even adults, in this sort of manner, many would put much more thought into whether the crime they were thinking of committing would actually be worth it or not.

• Members

I would guess this young girl will learn little from this, mostly because of the way her mom is handling this. Not only will this young girl feel she has been dealt with unfairly, she will believe her mother will support and defend her no matter what because she says her daughter is being unfairly dealt with.

The girl chops the hair off a toddler so she must sacrifice her long hair as part of the punishment for her premeditated malice. How can this girl, and especially her mother, not see the fairness (as well as justice) in this?

• Administrators

It is kind of amusing, but at the same time sad. This 13 year old and her 11 year old friend have some serious issues to deal with. Discussing and deliberately going out to purchase scissors to cut that little girl's hair shows that they have some anger problems as well as the beginnings of possibly some socio- or psychopathic problems. The mother of the 13 year old thought she should be punished but that this was too severe? Ok. Whatever. 150 hours would probably have been too much for her, too.

What I wonder is: where was the 3 year old's mom? The two girls took turns cutting, so it took some time. Where was Mom?

(I wonder at it being news, too, Blessed, but I think it's probably news because the judge used the eye for eye idea...that's not real popular nowadays)

• Members

Where was the 3 yr old's mother while the hair cutting was done? According to the report, the teens took turns whacking off her hair.

On another note: We need a lot more "eye for an eye" judges on the bench.

Opinion coming up................

When a child (under 18) is old enough to be charged with a crime, they should be tried in regular court just like anyone else. The preciding judge should have the discretion to sentence the quilty according to the age of the person. Naturally, there'd be some standards in place on this. As a general rule an 8 yr old shouldn't face the same punishment as a 17 1/2 yr old thug.

What's the incentive for teens to behave themselves if they know their criminal records will be sealed? What's the incentive when they'll get a slap on the wrist in "juvie" in many cases?

Do away with the dual court system. Yes, retain the dual retention system. It's time to stop coddling "children". It's time to stop in the home, in school, in church, and in the court system.

Proverbs 22:6 KJB
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

There are a number of people in the education system attending our church. It's been an eye opening experience to learn how their hands have been tied with regards to maintaining discipline in their classrooms. In a nutshell, they have to take the abuse hurled at them by out of control "children" if they want to continue to try to teach just what's in the textbooks.

Question: Do we have any (many) trainers in the generations following ours? If the Lord is willing, I'll soon see 3 following mine, as I have great nieces and nephews fast approaching marriage age.

• Members

And the rest of the story......

At a May 28 hearing, Lopan entered admissions in the assault case, as well as another case stemming from eight months of phone calls she made to another teen in Colorado that included threats of rape and mutilation, according to an audio recording of the hearing provided to the Deseret News by Bruno.

Johansen called the girl's behavior "egregious." He ordered her to serve 30 days in detention, pay restitution to her victims and serve 276 hours of community service. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865557954/Judge-orders-Price-woman-to-cut-off-daughters-ponytail-in-court.html

There were multiple victims involved in this teen's activities.

• Members

And the rest of the story......

There were multiple victims involved in this teen's activities.

I noticed this and the fact most in the media are focused only upon the the wicked child having her pony tail cut off as part of her punishment.

This young girl has some serious problems and from what I've read and heard from the mother, she has enabled her daughter to act this way and covers for her.

There is very good reason why Scripture tells us to use the rod of correction.

Another thing, in God's law the law applies evenly to all, regardless if they are 13 or 33. God's few laws specifically regarding children call for the death penalty for things that are common and expected from children today. What a shame.