• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

14-Year-Old Phoenix Boy Shoots Armed Intruder

• Members

John I've had many of the same experiences with friends and family with regards to our children. From an early age my children have been given chores as a responsibility and held to higher standards than their peers. My wife and I catch a lot of grief and are alienated but those same people are quick to praise the kids and rely on them when things need to get done. As the Scriptures say, they are blind and cannot see.

• Members

One thing I have noticed, many parents try's to be their son & or daughters best friend, & this never seems to turn out good.

When I was in school I knew mother & grand mother were at home, & I never went home to an empty house. In my early years of school I had much trouble I suppose from all the switching around from one home to another home, till just after 5 years of age, & they had to call my parents, they were always there.

There's many children that when they leave home for school they have no parents at home, & even face the same thing in the afternoon.

Seems to me today many parents put their self 1st & never sacrifice for the good of their children. Back in my days parents would sacrifice for the sake of their children, & that did not mean they spoiled them, it means they were there for them.

Some children when weekend comes never knows where their parents are, they're left on their own, while they do their thing.