• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are These Shorts Too Short? Foreigners Told To Cover Up In Uae

• Members

It's a shame, but by today's standards in America, those shorts are not nearly as short as most I see.

It's also a shame that Muslims are willing to speak out about such matters but most Christians are not. In fact, many Christians dress like that themselves.

• Members

The comment about "foreigners needing to follow our (UAE) rules got me, since here in the US foreigners want us to conform to them.

Same thought along a little different line.

If I expect foreigners to adapt to our norms (what little is left), then shouldn't I do the same when I'm in another country? IMHO, it's a matter of respect when we are in another's home. Whether I'm visiting an individual's house or their country, the principle is the same. If I don't show respect for you, how can I expect it from you, at the same time?

• Members

A teacher, who once stayed with us, who had worked in Tanzania, said that western wormen who had short skirts wer given a skirt which covered up their legs, on disembarkation from their plane, and if they did not cover their legs, they would be arrested.