• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Grandma Charged With Stealing And Gambling Away Grandson's College Fund

• Members
Grandma charged with stealing and gambling away grandson's college fund

Sad, gambling is a losing proposition. This grandma blew $97,000!

Around here many will either go to Oklahoma or Louisiana. Those in town that go to Oklahoma pass by our house, & we see several people we know going that way. And yes, we are not supposing, we know they go gambling because people talk about it & we have seen some of them at a small cafe taking about their gambling.

A woman that owned a self help home for elderly people, she was big into going to Oklahoma, her & her sister heard over there at least once per week, they got the home they owned foreclosed on by the bank.

They've got a son that put in a cleaners about two years back, him & wife enjoy gambling, its now in foreclosure..

A couple about my age, Oklahoma gamblers, now their house has been foreclosed on.

Since gambling went in Oklahoma & Louisiana I know I have seen a big rise in foreclosures listed in our local newspapers, its so sad to see people lose everything thye work for over the years. If the gambling joins were not in driving distance, they would not be tempted so bad, & might not have lost all they have.

• Members

There are many around her who gamble too, and it never works out for the better. It's amazing how some of these people, including professing Christians, will once in awhile brag about having won a few bucks, typically a hundred or less, and think they are doing good, but most of the time they come back having lost several hundred dollars! They don't seem to realize that even if they win 50 bucks once a month, they have lost 600 bucks during the rest of the month and they are coming out in the hole! They just keep going back.

• Members

There are many around her who gamble too, and it never works out for the better. It's amazing how some of these people, including professing Christians, will once in awhile brag about having won a few bucks, typically a hundred or less, and think they are doing good, but most of the time they come back having lost several hundred dollars! They don't seem to realize that even if they win 50 bucks once a month, they have lost 600 bucks during the rest of the month and they are coming out in the hole! They just keep going back.

A local pastor's wife, in our small town, visits the place where lottery tickets are sold, so often, it's become a topic of conversation. "Every time I go to ............. she's there buying lottery tickets." We've seen her there on numerous occassions, so we know first hand that it isn't just busybody gossip.

And, I'm afraid, for them, as a couple, they may end up losing everything they have. Not only material possessions, her actions must be having a negative affect on his ministry.

Much like the person who gives testimony and follows that with visits the local ABC store.

(Small town -- most folks know what other folks are doing, especially when it comes to bearing good fruit.)