• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

pilgrimspen

Which Bible Version Can You Recommend?

In the preface they acknowledge the 66 canonized book and the rest as additional books not being the inspired word of God. The Catholics publish 16 extra but use many more. Bel and the Dragon is a short read. The ritual of the fish blood to get the dead out of hell is used by Catholics and Mormons; as I recall, its from II Maccabees. One can read secular books without them contaminating you. Just know what you're reading up front.

It doesn't acknowdged that in my 1611 KJV it just has
All 73 books, with a table of contents
A calendar of saint days
Calendar of holy days of obligation
The apostles creed
The Nicaeane creed

It is almost Identical to my original copy of my 1601 douay rhiems which is actually the first mass produced bible in English

I am a historian not a baptist or a catholic
But I have excepted Jesus as my savior through historal facts not feelings or emotions

It doesn't acknowdged that in my 1611 KJV it just has
All 73 books, with a table of contents
A calendar of saint days
Calendar of holy days of obligation
The apostles creed
The Nicaeane creed

It is almost Identical to my original copy of my 1601 douay rhiems which is actually the first mass produced bible in English

I am a historian not a baptist or a catholic
But I have excepted Jesus as my savior through historal facts not feelings or emotions

It is not a matter of accepting Christ. It is a matter of believing with all your heart that Christ died and took you sins on himself to save you from the Judgment. Accepting you are a sinner worthy of hell, and calling on Christ to forgive you, and forsaking all others, and follow him.

Ac 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ac 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

I like the works of
Polycarp
Ignatius
And
Celment

About 1900 years closer to the resurrection

You do actually know the difference between the Holy Spirit breathed Word of God and the man made historical writings, right?

I have excepted Jesus christ as my savior but I show him with my world (James 2:24)

James 2:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Even the devil believes in God
James 2:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Eph. 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Have looked at the verses In Romans by any chance?

John 3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Are there no moderators? How long is this Satanists going to be allowed to post lies and misquotes ---- he does all the same things that Lucifer was reported doing in scripture. Wondering. Adamski is Antichrist from the Apostate church. How long do you suffer a witch. These priest perform rites of wiccca along with the nuns. They are a murderous bunch. The Inquisition is back in case no one has read the news.

I have excepted Jesus christ as my savior but I show him with my world (James 2:24)

James 2:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Even the devil believes in God
James 2:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

One is saved thanks only to God's mercy, by grace though faith, not of self, not of works, it a gift from God. It cannot be earned, it cannot be bought, its a gift.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Works proves faith, it saves no one, that is as the verse states, if you say you have faith, but there's no works, your faith is alone, dead, worthless.

And remember thses verses.

Mt 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The people refereed to in these verse by Jesus, they had many works, they did many wonderful things in the name of Jesus, yet notice what He tells them, I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. No, works saves not one, no matter how many, are how wonderful, or whose name they're done in.

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Take close notice, he that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life, he that believeth not the Son, shall not see life, its one or the others, no in-between.

Clearly works saves no one, yet if a person claims faith & has not works, they're not saved.

Original topic: Which Bible? God has preserved His word per His and He cannot lie. The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. 8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
Psalms 12:6-8 (KJV) Note: we usually only quote vs. 6 & 7. Look at verse 8.. One of them is here.

This may interest you:

H. L. Mencken (1880-1956), of all people, the agnostic Baltimore Sun reporter and literary critic who covered the Scopes trial gave eloquent testimony to the superiority of the KJV. Mencken's quote I give in full from the preface to Gustavus Paine's The Learned Men (the KJV translators):

It is the most beautiful of all the translations of the Bible; indeed, it is probably the most beautiful piece of writing in all the literature of the world. Many attempts have been made to purge it of its errors and obscurities. An English Revised Version was published in 1885 and an American Revised Version in 1901, and since then many learned but misguided men have sought to produce translations that should be mathematically accurate, and in the plain speech of everyday. But the Authorized Version has never yielded to any of them, for it is palpably and overwhelmingly better than they are, just as it is better than the Greek New Testament, or the Vulgate, or the Septuagint. Its English is extraordinarily simple, pure, eloquent, lovely. It is a mine of lordly and incomparable poetry, at once the most stirring and the most touching ever heard of.”

Of course the KJB has no errors or true obscurities, but overall such a statement from H. L. Mencken is astounding. For us today the KJV is better than the Greek New Testament and is the most beautiful writing in all literature. The greatest Greek scholars among us do not think in Konine Greek, and the priesthood of the believer requires that those in the pews have faithful vernacular translations.

The first mass produced English bible of course
The

1601 douay rhiems almost identical to the
KJV 1611 except authorized by the church Jesus founded

You are incapable of telling the truth ---- you publish a lie on the most simple of things ---- but you follow your father the pope who claims to be god.

IN English there is no choice KJV.............. Some say to be a purist you have to use the PCE Minon by Cambridge........... Both the Oxford and Cambridge say the same thing though. In the Cambridge you will find different words capitalized............. Oxford may have spirit whereas Cambridge will have Spirit.

KJV is the word of God. Scripture must verify scripture. Only scripture is important I haven't found people's notes and commentaries to be helpful in the long run. IF you read the commentary and take it to heart, you may be left with preconceived notions which could harm your Bible study --- my opinion anyway. And; anyway, why bother - God got it right and there is no private interpretation.

I recommend the KJV. I was using the NKJV for a while but decided to change because of problems while reading that version. For example: Job 19:17 in the NKJV reads - My breath if offensive to my wife, and I am repulsive to the children of my own body and in the KJV - My breath is strange to my wife, though I intreated for the children's sake of mine body. Also, there is something about the KJV that is not in the NKJV.

Hi to all! I have a King James Bible (I find it hard to understand most of the time - Old English). And I also have an ESV Study Bible by Crossway. The latest version. I also have a KJV bible dictionary. I also have a bible in my own language (Filipino). I like the ESV best. Any more good bibles you can recommend?
(Oh also, before I didn't want to buy any bible because I heard that the KJV is the most reliable bible and the other bibles are not reliable and their contents has been changed.) :smug:

Hello,  here is an article that may assist you with some information