• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where Is The Outrage?

• Members

Same place it's been with all the other shredding of the Constitution efforts by those in power, from the local dog catcher to the leaders in every branch of the federal government.

There's more outrage expressed by the general population when their favorite ball team(s) or Dancing/Idol contestant(s) lose a competition. There's more outpouring of concern when a Jackson or a Houston (insert any "big name" entertainment figure)'s death is announced. There's more outrage when a pastor takes a stand in the pulpit against sodomy or a "white" security guard kills an innocent black young man. (We still don't know the whole story there.) This list can go on, but you get the "picture".

Outrage is the same place it was when Google took embrassing pictures of people in the privacy of their own property and made them available to the world at the click of a mouse. Outrage is in the same place it was when cities installed photo traffic cops at intersections to feed the coffers of the city & the ones holding the contract for those cameras. Again, another list that can go on, but you get the "picture".

Sometimes I'm thick-headed. But, having read the entire article, for me it begs an answer to this question; (1) Why does the government believe they have to do this?

Then a whole slew of questions follow based on that question.

• Members

It's all about power and control. The government (meaning those in power) think they are superior to the masses which they see as ignorant, untrustworthy and in need of constant supervision and control.

I live in a very rural area. There are not cameras (that I know of) in this little town, but the bigger towns near here have them and there are cameras where the traffic lights are at the main highway.

There is also little (almost none) outrage over the use of drones (the same sort of drones being used in Afghanistan and Pakistan) to spy upon American citizens. There are drones flying over and near some cities, spying on the population. There are drones flying over ranches in the western states spying upon the ranchers.

Through the unconstitutional and so wrongly named "Patriot Act" and institution of the unconstitutional Department of Homeland Security, many rights have been stripped away and many others can easily be cast aside with the click of a pen. The government has so much leeway, and history proves they always go far beyond what the law actually even allows, when it comes to spying on us through use of cameras and bugs, they can tap into cell phone calls, go through email, etc.

We as a country turn a blind eye, and give the government more power over us, as we allow old women to be stripped searched at airports, to allow our wives and other loves ones to be groped and ogled in the name of "security", as we allow Big Brother to watch or listen to virtually all we do.

If we didn't have a percentage of the population predisposed to blowing things up and shooting governors of states the government wouldn't feel a need to keep tabs on us. They brought it on themselves when they threw out the Bible and Christianity and promoted all the false religions and left U.S. citizens without ultimate authority to govern their thoughts and deeds.

What gets me is while it is so obvious why these problems are rearing their ugly heads, the world of lost folks have no clue what is happening.

Romans 1:20-21 seem to be so applicable to so much in America today.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

• Members

If we didn't have a percentage of the population predisposed to blowing things up and shooting governors of states the government wouldn't feel a need to keep tabs on us. They brought it on themselves when they threw out the Bible and Christianity and promoted all the false religions and left U.S. citizens without ultimate authority to govern their thoughts and deeds.

What gets me is while it is so obvious why these problems are rearing their ugly heads, the world of lost folks have no clue what is happening.

Romans 1:20-21 seem to be so applicable to so much in America today.
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

How small is that percentage? One out of a thousand, one out of ten thousand, one out of a million? It isn't about the "need" to keep tabs on us, as the odds are about like being struck by lightening or winning the lottery. It's about using any excuse to force the 99.8% into submission because of the .02%. In Franklin County NC, ONE complaint about prayer at graduation exercises banned prayer at any school function by everyone in the county.

It isn't that the world of the lost don't have a clue, IMHO. It's that the world of the lost don't care, as satan has them firmly in his control.

So what if there's a camera everywhere, as I'm not doing anything wrong.

I'm not going to protest as I don't want attention brought to me because I'm doing ________ (fill in the blank).

I don't care what they do as long as my check arrives every month.

I don't have time to worry about stuff like that because I have to take my kids to ball practice.

What's worse, IMHO, is that many professing Christians use the same excuses to avoid their civic responsibilities. Recently saw in the news that 70 some percent of Americans believe that God was involved with creation. (Don't have the exact wording handy.) Yet, look at how few bother to go to the polls and vote their convictions.

John, I live in a very rural area, too. Yet, cameras are everywhere. If you have a chain gas station, chances are every move you make there is recorded. If you go to the police station, WalMart, courthouse, chances are that you'll be filmed while there. BTW, have you checked Google maps to see if your home/property has been photographed? I did, mine was. Also learned about several possible fishing ponds on neighboring farm land that I didn't know existed. (An invasion of the privacy of my neighbors!)

Further, at our last property tax evaluation, a third party contractor, took pictures of everything applicable to taxes. That includes what isn't visible from the public highway. At the time I didn't know the county had hired a firm to do their evaluation work for them. My outrage at that, the opportunity to demand a search warrent, etc. came a little too late. Especially in view of learning after the fact, the third party contractor failed to live up to their contracted responsibilities. Where will those pictures end up? Who will have access to what I've chosen to keep from public view from the highway? What do I now have to put under lock and key because a thief can now learn what's sitting behind the storage shed?

Ben Franklin was asked what kind of government was created at our founding. His reply ... A republic, if you can keep it.

We didn't keep it! We lost it, bit by bit, till it doesn't exist anymore.

How small is that percentage? One out of a thousand, one out of ten thousand, one out of a million? It isn't about the "need" to keep tabs on us, as the odds are about like being struck by lightening or winning the lottery. It's about using any excuse to force the 99.8% into submission because of the .02%. In Franklin County NC, ONE complaint about prayer at graduation exercises banned prayer at any school function by everyone in the county.

It isn't that the world of the lost don't have a clue, IMHO. It's that the world of the lost don't care, as satan has them firmly in his control.

A very small % of native born U.S. citizens. The government and press love to use the words "home grown terrorists" when referring to naturalized (usually middle eastern) U.S. citizens who blow things and people up. I suppose I'm a nasty old profiler.

I agree but will add they don't know to care.