• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bitter On Twitter: Wisconsin Authorities Probe Death Threats Against Gov. Walker

• Members

Reading your post remind me, the local SBC Church in town hired a new youth pastor, a young woman, had a picture in the paper playing her guitar, thought I was looking at a country western singer.

Chicago has been a mob run town for many years. Of course there's many towns run by the mob.

And I used to live in the far south suburbs, like an hour south, and the mob was there too.....trash collection, pizzerias, suburban governments....

• Members

Few there be that likes God's truth, & will attempt to walk in it.

To them many times its all about love, never meeting any of the conditions God has set. & like Cain, they refuse to do right. And they will get just as upset as Cain, & all bent out of shape, if you try to point them towards the truth.

• Members

And I used to live in the far south suburbs, like an hour south, and the mob was there too.....trash collection, pizzerias, suburban governments....

I'm happy I never lived around a large city & stuff like that. In the last few months I've read about the mob, no doubt, they are 100% evil.

• Members

Few there be that likes God's truth, & will attempt to walk in it.

To them many times its all about love, never meeting any of the conditions God has set. & like Cain, they refuse to do right. And they will get just as upset as Cain, & all bent out of shape, if you try to point them towards the truth.

In a few hours, I'll be in a Sunday school class. Today's lesson is taken from Malachi 2:1-16, titled "Do you honor your commitments?" (quarterly: Lifeway Christian Resources) One of the many problems I have with this lesson is this.

Each church member has entered into convenant with the Lord and with one another to be faithful. Our general tendency is to criticize leaders and fellow members who neglect their responsibilities. Should we not rather find ways to help them live up to their commitments? One way would be to make sure we are keeping our own commitments to fulfill God-given responsibilities.

Mal 2:2 KJB (not the Holman version used in the lesson)
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

According to the lesson, we aren't to criticize others for not "meeting any of the conditions that God has set." We are to find other ways to help them. As long as we don't

1 Tim 5:20 KJB
20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
2 Tim 4:2 KJB
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
Titus 1:13
13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

when we "make sure we are keeping our own commitments to fulfill God-given responsibilities."

• Members

In a few hours, I'll be in a Sunday school class. Today's lesson is taken from Malachi 2:1-16, titled "Do you honor your commitments?" (quarterly: Lifeway Christian Resources) One of the many problems I have with this lesson is this.

Mal 2:2 KJB (not the Holman version used in the lesson)
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

According to the lesson, we aren't to criticize others for not "meeting any of the conditions that God has set." We are to find other ways to help them. As long as we don't

1 Tim 5:20 KJB
20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
2 Tim 4:2 KJB
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
Titus 1:13
13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

when we "make sure we are keeping our own commitments to fulfill God-given responsibilities."

Perhaps the SBC does not understand, "Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith."

I know that around here, the SBC churches refuse to rebuke false teachers, instead, they join in together worshiping with them, even having their pastors, women pastors even, stand behind their pulpit preaching their false gospel.