• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Syria's Insurrection Is Not America's War

• Members

yes, as I said, the politicians had their day in Vietnam, but as for your other slanders against the U.S., well we never claimed she was perfect, but you have a right to disagree with the policies, just hope you don't sell us out while being so adamantly against it.

I hope your kids will have an America they can be proud of someday, and a dad that supports what's right.

• Members

My children already have a dad who supports what's right. One thing that's right is obeying the Constitution which gives no authorization for the American government to interfere in the private, internal affairs of any nation.

If America turns from her wicked ways and follows Christ, then my children may have a better America than we have now. Otherwise, they will witness the continued downfall of America as God's judgement continues.

• Members

Uphold them if you will, but I refuse to, they are just mere men, worse yet, politicians, playing politics, catering to their party, not this nation.

Jerry, I do not uphold the politicians, in no way! I already said that they have ruined our country and lost the Vietnam war for us because of politics. John 81 is right on that point, but it seems redundant to stand so firm on the Constitution when we are talking about what's right and wrong morally. There are generations of lives that cry out from the grave for vengeance, I'm sure, because of the regimes that have been inhumane to them.

• Members
There are generations of lives that cry out from the grave for vengeance, I'm sure, because of the regimes that have been inhumane to them.

Are they crying out for vengeance to the US???? Will they be vindicated by yet more war & slaughter as other nation get involved?? And will they see the peace & freedom they died for???

Dearly beloved, avenge n
ot
yourselves, but [rather] give place u
nt
o wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

• Members

Ge 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

I know that Able's voice cried from the ground, cried out to God, but do they cry out to any of us humans, or just to God, I've never heard a voice cry out from the ground for vengeance, or nothing else. And I don't remember reading anywhere within the Bible telling me voices will be crying from the gave to us humans/

I would add, about our constitution, it seems redundant to think that our elected law makers would stand firm on its truths of which they've sworn to uphold. I just don't think God looks down on this country saying, "How great it is. Nor does He compare it to other countries saying how much better it is than all other countries." According to the Bible everything is compare to Christ. and I feel sure the reputation our congressmen & president has makes our wonderful God vomit.

A few men in this country would die for this country. Being as all of our military are volunteers, I suppose we could say, at least part of them all of them would give life for country, but I feel sure some of them are not in the military to give their life for this country, its just their way of life.. Yet the important question is, the most important question for us, how many will give their life For God? How many will let Christ live through them? How many will stop living for self, & actually live for Christ. The Bible never speak of living for country, dying for country, but it does speak about giving your life to God.

Ga 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

And we need to be very careful what we measure our self & this country against.

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
2Co 10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

That rule God has distributed to us is not other than Jesus Christ, the perfect One, the only perfect One, that freely laid down His life on the cross, for us, He is the only measuring stick the good Christian would that's living on the meat of the Word would use.

Remember, just plain fallen men have run this country from its begining, & by the fruit they show, they're not even close to being Christian, that is if you examine their fruit by the words within the Bible which every person & nation will be judge against, they fall very short, just as everyone else.

Ro 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ac 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

There's just been one good One, that being Jesus, & our country compare to Jesus is rotten to the core. Sad to say, way to many Christians in this county equal being a good American to being a good Christian, & if your not a good American, your not Christian. My allegiance is to God.

• Members

Are they crying out for vengeance to the US???? Will they be vindicated by yet more war & slaughter as other nation get involved?? And will they see the peace & freedom they died for???

Dearly beloved, avenge n
ot
yourselves, but [rather] give place u
nt
o wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Covenater,
No one said they America does everything according to scripture. Freedom is, to a certain extent, man's responsibility, and it seems that the (so far) free countries are most qualified to exercise and fight for it. Few know the tragedy of oppression without seeking to be free from it. It is not a matter of "getting used to it".

As citizens, aside from our Christian faith, don't we have a certain responsibility to the safety and betterment of our fellow man? That is the ideal dream. If you have a neighbor that is a menace and a threat to his own family and all the neighborhood, what would you do? I believe you would try to see to it that he is harnessed in some way, and kept at bay. How you go about it may or may not be popular, whether right way or wrong, but I'm sure you would feel that it needed to be done.

• Members

Covenater,
No one said they America does everything according to scripture. Freedom is, to a certain extent, man's responsibility, and it seems that the (so far) free countries are most qualified to exercise and fight for it. Few know the tragedy of oppression without seeking to be free from it. It is not a matter of "getting used to it".

As citizens, aside from our Christian faith, don't we have a certain responsibility to the safety and betterment of our fellow man? That is the ideal dream. If you have a neighbor that is a menace and a threat to his own family and all the neighborhood, what would you do? I believe you would try to see to it that he is harnessed in some way, and kept at bay. How you go about it may or may not be popular, whether right way or wrong, but I'm sure you would feel that it needed to be done.

Scripture tells us that all rulers are established and removed by God. Scripture also tells all people to submit to their rulers, giving htem honour and respect. Scripture is filled with examples of God removing wicked rulers from the throne, as well as using wicked rulers for His own purposes and then casting them aside.

Nowhere does Scripture say that nations should war against other nations in order to spread the man-made idea of freedom. What man spreads as freedom, is not true freedom but bondage to the world system.

The commands for how Christians are to live their lives and deal with others on a personal level are for just that, personal interactions, not national policy.

What we (Christians) can do is pray for the leaders of Syria, pray for the people, pray the Lord's will be done in that nation. Such prayers would be of greatly more benefit than American bombs dropping and American soldiers invading.

• Members

Scripture tells us that all rulers are established and removed by God. Scripture also tells all people to submit to their rulers, giving htem honour and respect. Scripture is filled with examples of God removing wicked rulers from the throne, as well as using wicked rulers for His own purposes and then casting them aside.

Nowhere does Scripture say that nations should war against other nations in order to spread the man-made idea of freedom. What man spreads as freedom, is not true freedom but bondage to the world system.

The commands for how Christians are to live their lives and deal with others on a personal level are for just that, personal interactions, not national policy.

What we (Christians) can do is pray for the leaders of Syria, pray for the people, pray the Lord's will be done in that nation. Such prayers would be of greatly more benefit than American bombs dropping and American soldiers invading.

And we are at the point, we attack those that have not attacked us. We have become a nation of warriors.

And to think, NATO had to call us down, because of strikes in Afghanistan, we were killing to many civilians

NATO aims to restrict air strikes on Afghan residential areas

And just think of the action we would take if another country did that to us.

• Members

Covenater, What is for the bettement of our neighbors? The best thing that can be carried to people is the Gospel, & God has given this job to His Children. and if they're doing this, they're doing the job God gave them. This job is not given to a nation, its given to Jesus' Churches. And as Churches, Jesus's brothers & sister are to do this.

Of course very person cannot go personally to our neighbors for their betterment, but they can support the missions that do this. And its more important than food, clothing, money, & even freedom, true freedom doe not come from a nation, but from Jesus.

The nation Jesus grew up under, & performed His ministry while living in this world, before He freely gave His life on the Cross so that both men & women could have that 'Blessed Hope,' was a very unjust nation. Jesus did nothing to bring that nation down, he did not teach His disciples to rebel against that nation, nor its leaders. In fact He said, "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." And God inspired the writers of the New Testament to tell us, "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." That is as long as it does not cause us to disobey the Father.

So you see, I'm all for the betterment of all people, that is as long as its done by the Holy Scriptures.

Now, the majority of churches believes good works keeps them saved, & that they must do good works in order to stay saved, & they will do many different things to try & satisfy the Father, with hopes that in that day they will be accepted. they will go even beyond what God tells Jesus Churches to do.

As for us, we have confidence, that we can face death & there will be no sting, for our Savior conquered death for us, & the Holy Spirit seals us for all eternity once we have been saved.

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And while we are taking the Gospel to them, we can carry them clothes, food, & even medical supplies. But helping them rebel against those who have rule over them, is not part of that.

I'm very thankful that I was born in this country, & we have the freedoms we do. Unfortunately not everyone has that wonderful blessing. And remember, Jesus Churches has the responsibility to go, teach, baptize, not any nation, not even this United States.

And those we take the Gospel to, those who accept Jesus.

Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

No matter what government they may be under, they are free indeed, if they have Jesus.

Sad to say, there's many in this nations that profess to have Christ as Savior, but by their very actions they do not act free indeed, they're caught up in the American dream of accumulation, covetousness is the driving force in their life, not Christ.

Lu 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

There is a way that seems right to man, but the end is not good at all. But God's way is always right, sad to say, this United States does not appreciate God's way.