• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mouth Equal Fingers?

Guest 1Timothy115

Psalms 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Can our fingers be considered our lips when we make a comment or ask a question on the internet?

• Members

Definitely!

Our words through our fingers carry even more weight that those issued from our mouth, in most cases. Unless some recording device is present, our vocal words only impact those within earshot at the time they are spoken. When our words come from our fingers, whether at a keyboard or a pen, there's a permanence about them. Sure, they may be short lived, as in an email to a friend, or take on alife of their own when posted on the internet.

God used the fingers of men to record His word. Satan uses the fingers of men to try to make God's word null and void.

And it all comes from the heart, weather we use our mouth, or fingers, to communicate what we'er saying.

Matthew15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

I've been told the "ring finger" vein or veins run back directly to the heart. Maybe that had something to do with why we wear the ring on that finger.

Definitely!

Our words through our fingers carry even more weight that those issued from our mouth, in most cases. Unless some recording device is present, our vocal words only impact those within earshot at the time they are spoken. When our words come from our fingers, whether at a keyboard or a pen, there's a permanence about them. Sure, they may be short lived, as in an email to a friend, or take on alife of their own when posted on the internet.

God used the fingers of men to record His word. Satan uses the fingers of men to try to make God's word null and void.

The men who recorded God's message to man took great care to insure they preserved it accurately. Some suggest the first Gospel were was written some 30-40 years after Christ's ascension. This suggests to me they went out and lived God's word before writing it down. Do you think most folks, even here at OB, take much time composing what their fingers are going to say (or type)?

• Members

One thing I've noticed time and time again; even what one tries to carefully compose is often misunderstood and/or taken the wrong way, If we were actually conversing with that person face to face, our perception of his/her intentions might be very different.

One thing I've noticed time and time again; even what one tries to carefully compose is often misunderstood and/or taken the wrong way, If we were actually conversing with that person face to face, our perception of his/her intentions might be very different.

Yes, but we're stuck with what we have. Do you take careful thought or time to compose either questions or answers for posts?

• Members

I agree 100%.

Before reading your post I was going to say, "Many times I will count to 10, & sometimes I will wait an hour or even longer to reply to a post." Even doing that, as you stated, it still will be misunderstood.

And I quickly confess, I've read post that I've misunderstood, & I have made typing errors that's been misleading.

• Members

And sorry I mistook your intentions, in another post. Your use of the word "Misleading", perhaps did not mean what you intended. To me, it carried connotations that I was being decietful, hence the misunderstanding.

mis·lead
verb ˌmis-ˈlēd
mis·ledmis·lead·ing
Definition of MISLEAD

transitive verb

: to lead in a wrong direction or into a mistaken action or belief often by deliberate deceit
intransitive verb

: to lead astray : give a wrong impression
mis·lead·er noun
mis·lead·ing·ly adverb

external.jpg See mislead defined for English-language learners »

See mislead defined for kids »
Examples of MISLEAD

1. We believe that her comments were deliberately meant to mislead the public.
  2. The early results misled us into thinking we would win the election easily.
  3. We believe that her comments were deliberately meant to mislead.

• Members

And sorry I mistook your intentions, in another post. Your use of the word "Misleading", perhaps did not mean what you intended. To me, it carried connotations that I was being decietful, hence the misunderstanding.

No problem, its forgotten.

Before reading your post I was going to say, "Many times I will count to 10, & sometimes I will wait an hour or even longer to reply to a post.

Waiting is good and I believe scripture teaches us that.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

But how much time is spent on the actual composing of a question or answer? My scripture recall isn't what it once was so it may take me hours to find a scripture which I want to quote accurately.

• Members

Waiting is good and I believe scripture teaches us that.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

But how much time is spent on the actual composing of a question or answer? My scripture recall isn't what it once was so it may take me hours to find a scripture which I want to quote accurately.

wasn't never very good.

A elderly pastor friend, doing a funeral service, quoted over 100 Scriptures by memory. I say over 100, the woman that kept count says she lost count at about 100, that he was quoting them so fast she had trouble marking them down.