• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Demonic?

• Members

http://www.foxnews.c...?intcmp=related

Strange, aggressive spiders attacking Indian town. Sounds demonic to me....what do you think?

Same here. It doesn't sound demonic to me either.

The last few winters have been mild around here and we have an explosion of insects, including spiders and ticks. It's been several years since we've had the kind of cold that reduces the population of those that overwinter. This spring it was in the news about how early and high the numbers were on tick bites.

And, again, using ticks as the example, for most of my life there was only 1 tick borne disease to worry about around here. Now there are two, and possibly a third, if memory serves about those same news reports.

On a different note, there are several animals, that again for most of my life I'd never seen around here. Now, for various reasons sighting of them are becoming common. Some of them are .....

Bald Eagles
Black Bear
Wild turkey
Beaver

Twice we've seen a bald eagle while standing in the yard. A hunter's game camera caught a pix of a black bear about a 1/2 mile from our home. Have seen a flock of turkeys in the field across the road. There's a turkey hen nesting nearby, as we frequently see her. And, there's now a beaver pond on our back 40. And, finally, the once never seen deer and groundhogs are becoming a real nusiance.

Nothing demonic about those examples. Neither the insects, birds, or other animals. It's just the normal ebb and flow of God's creatures. That includes the black snake that has taken up residence out back.

• Members

Well to me, the idea of an unknown "swarm" of spiders suddenly raiding the town, a species they don't know what it is, and its aggressive and jumps at people and then hangs on...to me sounds demonic. *shrug*

Maybe I've read and experienced too much to doubt it....but then maybe the article is exaggerating.

When you think about it, stuff like this is going to happen during the tribulation, and it WILL be demonic, allowed by God....

• Administrators

I remember a preacher several years ago talking about this type of thing. He pointed out that God made man to have dominion over the earth, and that includes the creatures. But modern times show a reversal of that. Man is doing all he can to "preserve" species and reintroducing species to their former natural places, and pushing for more and more species being protected. That results in an over-run of the species.

An example would be deer. There is a deer hunting season in most areas. I don't consider that a bad thing, necessarily, as it gives time for the animals to grow to the right maturity. But in our area there is no hunting on certain lands. And the deer tend to overgrow. That causes many accidents as they run across roads, they travel away from their woods to other areas looking for food (we are 5 miles from what should be their area, yet we see them in our yard...and they eat my flowers).

Now, according to this preacher (and now, 25 years later, it makes sense...), the ecological frenzy of creating endangered species and protecting them increases the number of animals (including insects), and in turn, the animals increase in their aggressiveness. Thus turning the tables on man and becoming dominant.

He said it would really be noticeable during the Tribulation period, but that it would continue to be a growing problem up until then. I cannot remember the scriptures he used, but no-one can deny that many species are getting more and more aggressive. Once-fearful of humans, no longer.

• Members

Same here. It doesn't sound demonic to me either.

The last few winters have been mild around here and we have an explosion of insects, including spiders and ticks. It's been several years since we've had the kind of cold that reduces the population of those that overwinter. This spring it was in the news about how early and high the numbers were on tick bites.

And, again, using ticks as the example, for most of my life there was only 1 tick borne disease to worry about around here. Now there are two, and possibly a third, if memory serves about those same news reports.

On a different note, there are several animals, that again for most of my life I'd never seen around here. Now, for various reasons sighting of them are becoming common. Some of them are .....

Bald Eagles
Black Bear
Wild turkey
Beaver

Twice we've seen a bald eagle while standing in the yard. A hunter's game camera caught a pix of a black bear about a 1/2 mile from our home. Have seen a flock of turkeys in the field across the road. There's a turkey hen nesting nearby, as we frequently see her. And, there's now a beaver pond on our back 40. And, finally, the once never seen deer and groundhogs are becoming a real nusiance.

Nothing demonic about those examples. Neither the insects, birds, or other animals. It's just the normal ebb and flow of God's creatures. That includes the black snake that has taken up residence out back.

Off topic a bit I suppose, I don't hardly ever see a tick around here, they tell me the fire ants have just about wiped them out. Every spring I walk all over my 51 + acres, 2 or 3 times, & once in a while at other times, I have not got a tick on me in the last 10 years. If you stand still very long, you best make sure your not standing in some fire ants or you will climb out of your clothes.

• Members

I remember a preacher several years ago talking about this type of thing. He pointed out that God made man to have dominion over the earth, and that includes the creatures. But modern times show a reversal of that. Man is doing all he can to "preserve" species and reintroducing species to their former natural places, and pushing for more and more species being protected. That results in an over-run of the species.

An example would be deer. There is a deer hunting season in most areas. I don't consider that a bad thing, necessarily, as it gives time for the animals to grow to the right maturity. But in our area there is no hunting on certain lands. And the deer tend to overgrow. That causes many accidents as they run across roads, they travel away from their woods to other areas looking for food (we are 5 miles from what should be their area, yet we see them in our yard...and they eat my flowers).

Now, according to this preacher (and now, 25 years later, it makes sense...), the ecological frenzy of creating endangered species and protecting them increases the number of animals (including insects), and in turn, the animals increase in their aggressiveness. Thus turning the tables on man and becoming dominant.

He said it would really be noticeable during the Tribulation period, but that it would continue to be a growing problem up until then. I cannot remember the scriptures he used, but no-one can deny that many species are getting more and more aggressive. Once-fearful of humans, no longer.

With the fall of man I though we lost dominion over animals. Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

Well animals began to fear man after the flood.....I'm not sure if the Bible is clear about "dominion" but that's a good thought, HC.

There's been a lot of demonic activity reported here in the states too, only from humans. All this "zombie" stuff, people chewing off faces and such like...yeah I know that's drugs, but that's demonism as well.

Satan is the prince of the power of the air and has dominion as far as God allows him to and as the end comes nearer, I think God allows him more leeway until finally during the Trib, when "he that letteth" is taken out of the way, Satan has temporary full reign. However he still has partial reign now.

Well animals began to fear man after the flood.....I'm not sure if the Bible is clear about "dominion" but that's a good thought, HC.

There's been a lot of demonic activity reported here in the states too, only from humans. All this "zombie" stuff, people chewing off faces and such like...yeah I know that's drugs, but that's demonism as well.

Satan is the prince of the power of the air and has dominion as far as God allows him to and as the end comes nearer, I think God allows him more leeway until finally during the Trib, when "he that letteth" is taken out of the way, Satan has temporary full reign. However he still has partial reign now.

Booo!

• Administrators

There was an interesting article posted on my FB page today, but I can't repost it because of an ad at the bottom of the page. :thumbdown:

Anyway - it was about 20 new species discovered in the last few years. These species have always been there (God rested after day 6...nothing's been created since), but man has only just begun to discover them. One of the finds was a spider. That spider's body was bigger than a man's hand - thick and UGLY! That doesn't even count the legs. And hairy! There was also a huge blue scorpion.

My point? There are a number of critters still around that man hasn't found yet, I do believe. And some of 'em are BIG! :bigshock:

I do believe there is demonic activity going on and growing stronger here in America. Drugs open the door to them, and all this ick with vampirism, cannibalism, etc. prove, I think, that demonism has a stranglehold on this country.

As to dominion, Genesis says: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I don't think that dominion ended with the fall, but I do think it became harder to do...