• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tips For Single Christian Ladies On Courtship And Love

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Women in their 30's don't go to Christian college anymore and some churches have a few members or no prospect at all. I know that we can pray about it and just have to trust God for His Leading.

Not to mention, if we did, all the guys are in their early 20's!  :icon_mrgreen:  Amazing how many (young) people give me that same suggestion. :frog:

• Moderators

I have a couple young men in my church, twins, coming up 23. We live in an extremely small town, and let's just say the pickin's is slim. Neither of them has shown much interest in dating-one is a techie-type, the other is the outdoorsy-type, sort of a JacOB and Esau thing goin on. However, the local girls, (mostly unmarried mothers looking for baby-daddies), have noticed them. They are tall, both well over 6', in good shape, as they both have been brought up cutting wood. We consider them like Jethro Bodine. They can sling a 125 pound bale of hay on one shoulder and take it where you like without breaking a sweat. So the ladies are interested in them.

They are both rather innocent, and their parents, Lord love 'em, are not the brightest, and haven't really given them much direction, so my wife and I are kind of taking them in hand and trying to help them to have some sense in the women's department, as it were. Fortunately they seem to really like and respect us, and like to come spend time with us. They help a lot on our farm, and recently went with us to help move my parents, who also think they're great.  

So, naturally we want them to end up with good, godly Christian girls, and not fall prey to the, um, females out here locally.

• Members

I have a couple young men in my church, twins, coming up 23. We live in an extremely small town, and let's just say the pickin's is slim. Neither of them has shown much interest in dating-one is a techie-type, the other is the outdoorsy-type, sort of a JacOB and Esau thing goin on. However, the local girls, (mostly unmarried mothers looking for baby-daddies), have noticed them. They are tall, both well over 6', in good shape, as they both have been brought up cutting wood. We consider them like Jethro Bodine. They can sling a 125 pound bale of hay on one shoulder and take it where you like without breaking a sweat. So the ladies are interested in them.

They are both rather innocent, and their parents, Lord love 'em, are not the brightest, and haven't really given them much direction, so my wife and I are kind of taking them in hand and trying to help them to have some sense in the women's department, as it were. Fortunately they seem to really like and respect us, and like to come spend time with us. They help a lot on our farm, and recently went with us to help move my parents, who also think they're great.  

So, naturally we want them to end up with good, godly Christian girls, and not fall prey to the, um, females out here locally.

Smart guys, live free while they can....   :preggo: Honey can you do this, Honey can you do that. Say good bye to the outdoor stuff and teaching.  :(

• Members

Fellowship meetings and other special meetings with likeminded churches.
Go for the preaching and fellowship, but it gives opportunity to make friends amongst godly christians.
And maybe the Lord can use those friendships to bring a closer friend.

• Members

Fellowship meetings and other special meetings with likeminded churches.
Go for the preaching and fellowship, but it gives opportunity to make friends amongst godly christians.
And maybe the Lord can use those friendships to bring a closer friend.

This is one good suggestion.

• Moderators

Then have someone you trust set you up. 

Nothing wrong with helping things along a bit.

Don't know about that... had someone try to set me up with a doctor in India once.   :coverlaugh:

Archived