• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tips For Single Christian Ladies On Courtship And Love

• Administrators

Polymer cookies are great. And I understand not singling him out...but now let's get on to the real thing. Make some cookies for your friends (some edible cookies), but make some just a wee bit different for him - make iced cookies, with his name in icing, or put an extra something in his cookies. Something subtle and yet there... :icon_smile:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

So how are you now? Im in my 30's too and in the stage of wanting to get married. Yes God is good, He knows the desire of our hearts. Hope our married Christian brothers and sisters can pray with us too.

• Members

My friend/churchmate told me that his stand is that men should be the one to say their intentions to a woman. Like for example saying "I like you" must not be done by a woman. But by a man? So what will I do if I like this certain guy? So I'll just sit and wait?... but what if he likes another person already I just wasted my time waiting?... What I'm doing now is really praying... there's nothing more that I can do. http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.png

Just let the guy know. A look and smile is sometimes enough.

• Members

A lot of women backslide when looking for a husband. They get discouraged looking for a Christian man so they end up convincing themselves that some unsaved guy or professing Christian who's living like the devil is the one for them. She thinks she'll change him. Grave mistake I've seen take place plenty of times. 

IMO,  a Christian college may be a place to find a husband. Some churches also have singles groups where you can meet. I've been to a few of these and they are actually quite good but even in these cases you have to be careful.

Also, don't reject any blind dates. I remember reading, as well as hearing a preacher mention during a sermon, that blind dates are usually quite successful. I know a few people including Christians who were set up on blind dates and eventually got married and have been happily married for years. One of my best friends who is born again met his wife this way. So ask a family member or friend whom you can trust to set you up. They usually can see who's best for you more than you can.

Whatever you do, ladies, don't rush into anything. Any doubts in your mind about the man please don't ignore that little voice. Don't let love strike you completely blind.

Oh, and guys, these things apply to us also.

• Members

Does it matter?

It can be a nuisance and disrupt the flow of a forum if it happens a lot. For example, Donillo's just responded directly to the OP, prOBably thinking this thread is current, when in fact Pilgrimspen is long gone and won't be seeing Donillo's post. Luckily it doesn't happen on here a lot, which is why my comment was light-hearted. :icon_smile:

• Members

My friend/churchmate told me that his stand is that men should be the one to say their intentions to a woman. Like for example saying "I like you" must not be done by a woman. But by a man? So what will I do if I like this certain guy? So I'll just sit and wait?... but what if he likes another person already I just wasted my time waiting?... What I'm doing now is really praying... there's nothing more that I can do. :(

Soon after Mrs. Arbo and I met, she made her intentions known by baking me a plate of cookies.  We married thirteen months later.

• Members

It can be a nuisance and disrupt the flow of a forum if it happens a lot. For example, Donillo's just responded directly to the OP, prOBably thinking this thread is current, when in fact Pilgrimspen is long gone and won't be seeing Donillo's post. Luckily it doesn't happen on here a lot, which is why my comment was light-hearted. :icon_smile:

If it's a nuisance then the threads should be dumped. Having them there and then looking down on someone for commenting doesn't make sense. 

I'm glad you intended it to be lighthearted but I think some may take it as criticism. 

• Members

A lot of women backslide when looking for a husband. They get discouraged looking for a Christian man so they end up convincing themselves that some unsaved guy or professing Christian who's living like the devil is the one for them. She thinks she'll change him. Grave mistake I've seen take place plenty of times. 

IMO,  a Christian college may be a place to find a husband. Some churches also have singles groups where you can meet. I've been to a few of these and they are actually quite good but even in these cases you have to be careful.

Women in their 30's don't go to Christian college anymore and some churches have a few members or no prospect at all. I know that we can pray about it and just have to trust God for His Leading.

Archived