• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Man Like Boaz

• Members

Is there still a man like Boaz?

*Boaz believed in God.
"And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you.." (Ruth 2:4a)

*Boaz had a good relationship with other people.
"And they answered him, The LORD bless thee." (Ruth 2:4b)

*Boaz was kind and helpful.
"Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens: Let thine eyes be on the field that they do reap, and go thou after them: have I not charged the young men that they shall not touch thee? And when thou art athirst, go unto the vessels, and drink of that which the young men have drawn." (Ruth 2:8-9)

*Boaz's favour towards Ruth was sincere and abundant.
"Boaz commanded his young men saying, Let her glean even among the sheaves and reproach her not. And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her and leave them, that she may glean them and rebuke her not." (Ruth 2:15-16)

*Boaz did not take advantage of Ruth.
"And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet and laid her down. And it came to pass at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and behold, a woman lay at his feet. And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman. And he said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my daughter: for thou hast showed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning, inasmuch as thou followedst not young men, whether poor or rich. And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman."
(Ruth 3:7-11)

*Boaz considered what was the right thing to be done.
"And now it is true that I am thy near kinsman: howbeit there is a kinsman nearer than I. Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part: but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then will I do the part of a kinsman to the, as the LORD liveth." (Ruth 3:12-13)

*Boaz kept his promise.
"Moreover, Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife." (Ruth 4:10a)

Edited by Baptist Girl