• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Another School Board Gives In....

• Members

According to local TV and print media one person complained and now another school board has given in to the ACLU threat of a lawsuit.

Prayer eliminated from Franklinton High graduation ceremony
http://www.newsobser...rayer-from.html

Prayer banned at Franklin County graduation
http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=8681332

Edited by Oldtimer

You should take time to read how people reacted to this news article.
Comments under the article you reference in the first link (underline added) my thoughts in blue:

The nation is crying that our school systems are out of control because of the violence that is going on at our school campus. Well, the reason there is so much violence is because the american people have forced God out of our schools and allowed statan to step in. This nation was founded on God and if we do not stand up for what is right (God) then our children and us will pay the price. NO other so called religion should come before Jesus Christ, the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD.

Close, but its because they forced God out of their hearts.

You do realize how many religions out there claim that they worship "the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD," right? And yours is "more correct" than theirs...why again? Meanwhile I was unaware it was founded "on God." I thought it was founded on "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?"

Self…me, my fleshly desire, and I.

Children learn to be good by watching their parents. How is God a deterrent when you can simply pray for forgiveness after sinning? Teach kids to be good for goodness sake - to value human life, to respect other and NOT shove religious beliefs on one another.

How many decades of this “good values without religious beliefs” will it take to completely destroy this nation?

Actually, violent crime has been trending down in America since the early 90s. And America was not "founded on God" as you put it. Quite the contrary. To quote the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by President John Adams in 1796 and unanimously ratified by the U.S. Senate:

"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"

This man found one bitter president to support his rejection of God. “John Adams: Depressed when he left office, he did not attend Jefferson's inauguration, making him one of only four surviving presidents not to attend his successor's inauguration.”

• Members

Public school is a den of evil works, & the old Devil has his way in the public school system of America.

The lady told me, yes, public school is bad, yet most Christians do not have the money to send them to a Christian school nor the time to home school their children. I them asked her, "how much is the souls of the Christian's parents children worth?"

• Members

Public school is a den of evil works, & the old Devil has his way in the public school system of America.

The lady told me, yes, public school is bad, yet most Christians do not have the money to send them to a Christian school nor the time to home school their children. I them asked her, "how much is the souls of the Christian's parents children worth?"

Amen! Parents manage to find the time and money for all sorts of other things but when it comes to the main thing they should be concerned about and tending to, their children, there seems to always be an excuse as to why they must be sacrificed to the wolves.

• Members

1Tim115, often the comments that follow articles, like this one, are a better indication of our current sad state of affairs than the article, itself. Hiding behind a computer screen, commenters probably don't realize they are revealing their true inner self. The pictures they paint of themselves reveals more than any photograph could ever come close to portraying.

What's sad on one hand and frightening on the other is the number of people who spew venom, lack of basic education, and other indicators of the depravity that's rampent in this world today. When a voice in the wilderness crys out, ... ever seen a wounded chicken or hog being attached by other members of their species? ... that voice must be wearing the armour of God to withstand the assault from all sides.

Parents today, in a large measure, are the product of what was done to the school systems in the past. I can easily see it in the generations that followed mine. My parents would have been outraged and camped out in school offices if what's the norm today had taken place back in the 40's and 50's. Even more so for my grandparents. It's been a slow stripping away of morals, values, and dicipline as entitlement and self importance replaced them.

Somewhere along the line a McMansion and new car became more important to "society" as parents turned over rearing their children to school systems and television babysitters. We're seeing the result with today's generation of parents with young children. Pushback to correct what's wrong with our education system is growing weaker and weaker. Satan is firmly in control.

In closing, I shouldn't have gotten on this topic, first thing this morning. Now I've got to do an attitude adjustment so I can soon go out and try to do something positive to reflect the glory of God. Can't let discouragement take over this morning!

• Members

1Tim115, often the comments that follow articles, like this one, are a better indication of our current sad state of affairs than the article, itself. Hiding behind a computer screen, commenters probably don't realize they are revealing their true inner self. The pictures they paint of themselves reveals more than any photograph could ever come close to portraying.

What's sad on one hand and frightening on the other is the number of people who spew venom, lack of basic education, and other indicators of the depravity that's rampent in this world today. When a voice in the wilderness crys out, ... ever seen a wounded chicken or hog being attached by other members of their species? ... that voice must be wearing the armour of God to withstand the assault from all sides.

Parents today, in a large measure, are the product of what was done to the school systems in the past. I can easily see it in the generations that followed mine. My parents would have been outraged and camped out in school offices if what's the norm today had taken place back in the 40's and 50's. Even more so for my grandparents. It's been a slow stripping away of morals, values, and dicipline as entitlement and self importance replaced them.

Somewhere along the line a McMansion and new car became more important to "society" as parents turned over rearing their children to school systems and television babysitters. We're seeing the result with today's generation of parents with young children. Pushback to correct what's wrong with our education system is growing weaker and weaker. Satan is firmly in control.

In closing, I shouldn't have gotten on this topic, first thing this morning. Now I've got to do an attitude adjustment so I can soon go out and try to do something positive to reflect the glory of God. Can't let discouragement take over this morning!

I like much of what you stated.

Sad but true, many of the students attending public schools that has Christian parents, the parents has taught their children to trust in their self, & the education they can receive in public school along with college in order to have the better life while being dependent on anything, including God.

I've told the story of the rick father & mother, their daughter was in love with a young many that barely made it though high school, they did everything in their power to break them up, they felt their daughter deserved a young man with a big education, that could give their daughter the things they felt she deserve, you know, the better life.

In doing so they just nearly lost their daughter.

The daughter married the one she loved, & all turned out well. No, they were not rich, & no her husband could not give her all the things that her father & mother were able to hand out. They did not need it, for they had the desires of God in their hearts, & neither could they give their children the things this wife's father & mother gave her, but again, all was well.

And in the end, this father & mother saw the errors of their way, yet few do, while few go though the strait narrow gate.

To many people think the answer to every problem is education, & money, so even Christians parents push education & money. Hoping one day though enough education, & money, everyone will live good moral lives, when the answer is only Jesus. Its only Jesus that can change the desire of a wicked heart, & without Jesus the hearts of humans is wicked, very wicked.

Yes, we will suffer persecution...verbally is included. Its just a matter of time before the persecution goes beyond verbal and at a location near you or I.

• Members

Yes, we will suffer persecution...verbally is included. Its just a matter of time before the persecution goes beyond verbal and at a location near you or I.

It's already gone beyond that in some cases, but the mainstream media won't report it. There have been several cases of Christians being threatened, attacked, having their home addresses posted online, etc.

• Members

It's already gone beyond that in some cases, but the mainstream media won't report it. There have been several cases of Christians being threatened, attacked, having their home addresses posted online, etc.

You're right, the mainstream media won't report it. What's just as bad, the mainstream media is using every possible tactic to show Christians in the worst possible light. In any given situtation they'll zero in on the extremist, the "nut case", if you will, and ignore the other 99 that are also present. Yet, if the coverage is for something that meets with their agenda, they'll carefully avoid anything/anyone, on the fringes, who isn't demonstrating "peace and love".

That's why I included the term "basic education" in my earlier reply. Basic education meaning both God's word and plain old civics. Both have been dropped from the school systems to make way for modern progressive thinking and theories.

And it isn't just the mainstream news media and the public school systems. There's a series on one of the history channels called Ancient Aliens. I watched one of the episodes the other night. It's a direct attack on Christianity in several different ways. It relegates the Bible to myth status as it explores/explains ancient history with possible visits by beings with higher intelligence who influenced our past.

Yet, the premises are often absurd when you stop to think about what they're saying. If outer space visitors where so advanced and came to impact mankind, why did they need primative stone structures to aid in their navigation? (One of the premises of the episode I watched. Certain ancient ruins were spacecraft landing sites constructed for that purpose.) Didn't those of superiour intelligence have an equivalent of GPS or better?

Since it's Sunday morning, in a little while I'll be leaving to go to worship services. I wonder how many of those in the cars I meet, or the houses I pass don't have a clue or don't even care to have a clue about what satan is doing in this world? They've been taught by our modern education system. They've been guided by the mainstream news media. They've been influenced by the "experts" who bring understanding through investigative reporting of documentary producers. They've been lured by the entertainment industries. They've been pampered and lulled into complacency by the government.

Pause......

Heavenly Father, these tears are for the ones all around me that satan has captured. I pray that you'll touch their hearts that they may recognize what's being done to them. I'm afraid that with the education system, media, and other infuences, many don't even realize there's another way. As it be thy will give them the awareness that they do have a choice. And, as it by Thy will help me and other Christains, through word and deed, the way to Jesus and salvation. In His Holy and most precious Name, I pray. Amen

• Members

What's sad on one hand and frightening on the other is the number of people who spew venom, lack of basic education, and other indicators of the depravity that's rampent in this world today.

Untrue, those that have educations are just as bad at spewing venom. Educations does not change depravity of a soul, education does not change morality of a person, only Jesus. of course if you listened to American they say the answers to depravity is to educate everyone, its not working. We have more educated people than ever in America, while morality of American people has sunk to an all time high.

The American way of educating everyone in order to make a good moral people is only creating more lust in the heats of Americans, our young children grows up leaving home thinking they deserve to have more than their parents who have spent a life time to gain the possessions they have.

Edited to add this.

1Pe 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled

Perhaps he should count it a blessing, be happy to suffer for the sake of Christ. Edited by Jerry80871852