• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The "kjb"

• Administrators

I use the term KJB and I am in no way, shape, or form a Ruckmanite. I will also use KJV, but like KJB because it differentiates it from being a mere version. As Pastorj stated, we believe that the King James is inspired through preservation not re-inspiration (if it's preserved, there is no need for re-inspiration). Therefore, it is the only Bible we use. Hence KJB. It's a matter of semantics that, in the long run, really isn't that important to me.

I know a number of people who've taught at Ambassador. Did you have Mrs. Rosenau for English?

• Members

I use the term KJB and I am in no way, shape, or form a Ruckmanite. I will also use KJV, but like KJB because it differentiates it from being a mere version. As Pastorj stated, we believe that the King James is inspired through preservation not re-inspiration (if it's preserved, there is no need for re-inspiration). Therefore, it is the only Bible we use. Hence KJB. It's a matter of semantics that, in the long run, really isn't that important to me.

I know a number of people who've taught at Ambassador. Did you have Mrs. Rosenau for English?

No, she actually doesn't teach anymore! Just our friendly librarian :) Are you familiar with Dr. Dalton? He just left to teach Baptist History conferences. Pastor Frank Camp (Greek teacher) is the one who brought this argument up.

• Members

It's a real issue, but you won't face it much in a good IFB church

Yeah, but I think our people need to be educated on it though. I had no idea the difference between inspiration and preservation. I thought the issue was a version issue, and hardly knew anything about the CT or the TR. I believe if we taught more on that, less churches would be allowing different versions.

• Members

True, but most church folk are not going to care. I have tried to educate my people and most of the time I get the response, "I just don't understand what you are saying". Sheep need it to be kept simple. Now in my discipleship of new Christians, I deal with the issue one on one.

• Members

True, but most church folk are not going to care. I have tried to educate my people and most of the time I get the response, "I just don't understand what you are saying". Sheep need it to be kept simple. Now in my discipleship of new Christians, I deal with the issue one on one.

I suppose. It is so discouraging to see people flock to different versions because they do not understand.

• Members

I am NOT a Ruckmanite, by any means. In fact, I too have stood against his heresy. Furthermore, I do not believe that the KJB corrects the TR, since the TR needs no correcting! I do not understand where you folks get that though from. I also did not say that every translation was re-inspired, but I did IMPLY that the interpreters of the KJB could have been "moved of God" as the Bible says some were, that, my friend, is inspiration. I do believe in the preservation of the inspired Word, but I said before if you write the Word and it is inspired, then doesn't the exact copy have the same inspiration? Many men claim they have been inspired to write many things, but only the inspiration of God makes a difference.

PastorJ

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Where does this say that it is the only time God inspired anyone?

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Does this say that it never happened again? Perhaps you need to read it more carefully.

You failed to mention Jude which comes the closest to making your point:

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Please be sure of your words before you make assumptions for me.

• Administrators

No, she actually doesn't teach anymore! Just our friendly librarian :) Are you familiar with Dr. Dalton? He just left to teach Baptist History conferences. Pastor Frank Camp (Greek teacher) is the one who brought this argument up.

She was my principal in 8th and 9th grade in WVA. No, I'm not familiar with Dr. Dalton or Pastor Camp.

• Members

Inspiration and or preservation used in this context, seems to mean very close to the same thing. In either case it would mean God had a hand in it. would it not?

I never heard of Mr. Ruckman until after I got a computer in 2002, & it may be I heard of him on this forum after December 14, 2005. And I would have nothing to do with him, I've read about him, & his teachings, they just do not fit in very well with Bible teachings. And I have listened to at least 2 of his sermons, I did not care the least bit for his teachings. I still use the name Baptist, never threw it out, although there has been many men, & churches, that has brought shame on the name Baptist. I remember a few years ago several churches started dropping the name Baptist from their churches, caliming it was a hinderance to gaining members.

The Mormons reinvented Jesus, claiming He was not born a deity, that He became good enough to become a God, & the Mormons believe they to can be good enough to become Gods too. Yet, I still think the name Jesus is the most precious name under the sun.

What I'm getting at is I can't understand why someone would not use KJB, KJV, King James Bible, or king James Version, which ever one it is you feel might be associated with him, fearing they people would connect you with that man. Your already going to be connected to him though the name Baptist, that is, unless you have dropped it as some, perhaps, even many have.

• Members

Most people would not have heard of Ruckman were it not for the internet. I never heard of him until he was brought up here on OB.

Like LuAnne said, the main reason I use the term KJB is because I firmly believe the KJB isn't just another "version", which is implied to many when they see KJV or read King James Version.

One of the biggest points Muslims make is that Christians don't even know what they believe because their "supposed holy book" comes in dozens of versions that don't even agree with one another. Dealing with Muslims in a university setting in the 80s and 90s led me to be sure to always refer to the Scriptures I carried as the King James Bible, the KJB, never using the term "version".

What Ruckman has to do with this topic or conversation I don't know, and frankly I don't really care what Ruckman has to say because he has obviously gone way out there on many points and isn't deserving of being paid any heed.

• Members

Irishman - The two passages clearly teach inspiration being with the original penmen, not with people who copy or translate. Take your heretical double inspiration to another board. It is not welcome here.

Typical answer i expect from you. You should drop the "pastor" and just call yourself "J".