• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dc Comics Considers Letting Superhero Out Of Closet

• Members

DC Comics considers letting superhero out of closet

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/dc-mulls-gay-superhero#ixzz1vb7Vt62G

Honchos at Superman's comic book home, DC Comics, said this weekend that one of their most identifiable (but as of yet unnamed) straight characters will soon be coming out of the closet, according to a report.

At the Kapow Comic Convention held last weekend in London, DC co-publisher Dan DiDio said the publisher would be reintroducing a previously existing character who would now be “one of our most prominent gay characters," the website BleedingCool.com reports. ...

DC vice president Bob Wayne likened DC's change in tune to President Obama's shift on gay marriage, explaining that DC's policy “has evolved,” the report says.

Related:

DIAZ: Obama ignites same-sex marriage issue

Newsweek cover celebrates 'first gay president'

Read the original article at Fox News

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/dc-mulls-gay-superhero#ixzz1vb4cF1wM

• Members

The pro-homosexual agenda will soon be hitting children, and others, from every aspect and from early on. Comics, TV programs, movies, magazines, books, all will be promoting homosexuality as normal, wonderful and something to try at least once for yourself!

Already the pro-homosexual agenda is taught in public schools and colleges. Even many who attend church once a week are so indoctrinated by all the pro-homosexual stuff in the schools their more often following what they learn from the schools rather than what they hear in church, if they even hear the biblical truth in church.

Once homosexuality becomes a theme in one comic book it will soon be showing up in others. Good Christian parents find it a challenge to protect their children from rampant wickedness, for most parents, they don't even try so their children are exposed to filth and wicked teachings as they read Harry Potter, watch TV with homosexuals shown as wonderful and anyone who disagrees with them as evil, and lessons in school which tell them homosexuality is natural, they should all experiment with it and how to "be safe" while doing so.

Scripture tells us that "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge". Today true knowledge is rejected and hidden in favor of wicked agendas being taught and promoted.

• Members

One series of the Spiderman comic already has changed Peter Parker into a half black/half hispanic guy with the last name Morales. Not that I really care. Personally, I think the whole obssession with superheroe characters is weird. The Avengers movie has made 1 billion worldwide in 19 days. 1 billion dollars spent mostly by grown ups on a kiddie fantasy made mostly with green screen and CGI,

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

One series of the Spiderman comic already has changed Peter Parker into a half black/half hispanic guy with the last name Morales. Not that I really care. Personally, I think the whole obssession with superheroe characters is weird. The Avengers movie has made 1 billion worldwide in 19 days. 1 billion dollars spent mostly by grown ups on a kiddie fantasy made mostly with green screen and CGI,

Much of it has to do with looking for something supernatural that's not God. The desire for man to have powers only God possesses has long been his dream and longing. What need is there for God if man can do super things himself, save the world and make a better world?

• Members

Much of it has to do with looking for something supernatural that's not God. The desire for man to have powers only God possesses has long been his dream and longing. What need is there for God if man can do super things himself, save the world and make a better world?

AMEN, John. You said it better than I did in another thread.

Your post reminds me of long ago in the garden of Eden.

• Administrators

I agree, John, but I don't know if it's totally people looking for powers that belong only to God. I think people are looking for heroes again. Captain America was born (as a character, not into life) during Hitler's campaign to rule the world. And he was a hit because he led in victory against Hitler. And he had no super powers (granted, he was changed via chemicals into a strong man, but the symbolism there [and it was admitted symbolism] was that even a weak man can be a hero).

There have been so many vile people in leadership - everywhere around the world - and those "leaders" have done so much to hurt the people of the country, I do believe people are looking for a hero. Hmmmm...perfect setting for an Anti-Christ, doncha think?

• Members

DC Comics AND Marvel Superheroes Come Out of the Closet

May 24, 2012

Part 1: DC Comics recently announced one of their most popular, but as of yet unnamed, prominent characters will soon be coming out of the closet. DC Comics, owned by Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, has decided that one of their beloved superheroes will be homosexual. Who will they choose; Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Plastic Man, or another one of their characters that children look up to?
Last year, DC Comics Co-publisher Dan DiDio said that the company would not change the sexual orientation of an existing superhero and would bring in a new one altogether. Parents may have been able to avoid a new character since it would not be one many children have grown to admire. DiDio has changed his mind and will not be introducing a brand new character. They will feature an existing character who was previously assumed to be straight, will now become openly gay. Senior VP Sales Bob Wayne said DiDio's view 'had evolved', comparing the shift to Barack Obama's recent endorsement of same-sex marriage, according to a report. DiDio did not specify which character would 'come out' or in which issue it would be featured. It will likely be a June issue during LBGT month, joining lesbian character Batwoman.
Part 2: And to make matters more shocking, Marvel, now owned by Disney, followed DC Comics' announcement with a surprise of their own. Northstar, Marvel's first openly gay hero, is going to tie the knot with his boyfriend in the current issue of "Astonishing X-Men." This is the first same-sex wedding in a superhero comic book.
In "Astonishing X-Men" #50, which hit comic shop shelves Wednesday, Northstar proposes to his boyfriend, Kyle, a fellow snow sports enthusiast who possesses no superpowers. The couple will seal the deal in issue #51, slated for a June 20 release.
"The story of Northstar and Kyle is universal, and at the core of everything I write: a powerful love between two people who have to fight for it against all odds," said X-Men comic writer Marjorie Liu in a statement.
Children desire to be just like superheroes. Children mimic superhero actions and even dress up in costumes to resemble these characters as much as possible. Can you imagine little boys saying, "I want a boyfriend or husband like X-Men?"
This is ridiculous! Why do adult gay men need comic superheroes as role models? They don't but do want to indoctrate impressionable young minds by placing these gay characters on pedestals in a positive light. These companies are heavily influencing our youth by using children's superheroes to desensitize and brainwash them in thinking that a gay lifestyle choice is normal and desirable. As Christians, we know that homosexuality is a sin (Romans 1:26-27).
Unfortunately, children are now being exposed to homosexuality at an early age. Comic books would be one of the last places a parent would expect their child to be confronted with homosexual topics that are too complicated for them to understand. Children do not know what straight, homosexual, or coming out of the closet even means, but DC Comics and Marvel are using superheroes to confuse them on this topic to raise questions and awareness of an alternative lifestyle choice. These companies are prompting a premature discussion on sexual orientation.
Northstar's wedding will be the first same-sex wedding in the world of mainstream superhero comics, but not the first gay comic books character. Earlier this year One Million Moms emailed Toys 'R' Us concerning the "Life With Archie" No. 16 with two gay characters getting hitched. Toys 'R' Us had the audacity to display "Archie- Just Married" at the front of the store by the checkout counters.
TAKE ACTION
Please send DC Comics (Warner Bros. Entertainment Company) and Marvel (Disney) an email urging them to change and cancel all plans of homosexual superhero characters immediately. Ask them to do the right thing and reverse their decision to have sexual orientation displayed to readers.

Sincerely,

Monica Cole, Director
OneMillionMoms.com

P.S. Please forward this to your family and friends! Become a fan of OneMillionMoms on Facebook! If you use Twitter, keep up with the latest information by following us.

• Members

I don't believe that anyone that takes God seriously would want their children reading books about super heroes.

Its bad enough that some of them teach their children a jolly man in a red suit travels the world by sleigh one time per year all in one night, bringing all the good children Christmas presents.