• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Crushmaster

Joel's Prayer Requests.

Thank you so much, my friends. :) No improvement yet, but surely, surely it will come soon.

Also, please pray for my brother, Jonathan, who has been doing worse lately as well (he also has health problems :().
God bless,
Joel ><>.

I too have prayed for you, and will continue. Find a promise from God that has special meaning to you and your situation, and cling to it night and day.

May God bless you and your troubled friend.

I expect to hear from you soon, that you are doing well again.

Edited by irishman

Joel, I just prayed for you. I have also been experiencing an ongoing major (life threatening) health problem for the last few months, with many months to follow, I'm sure; the end is nowhere near in sight. The medication I am on (chemotherapy) is pretty rough. I know how much of a comfort it is to have many family members and friends bringing me before the Throne.
I am not a big fan of medication (as in habit-forming meds) for sleep problems...but I have used medication with my children at times to get them "over a hump," so to speak. For example, my 13 year old seems to struggle with getting to sleep at night; her brain won't "shut off, " and she lies there and worries that she won't be able to get to sleep. Sometimes she is awake until 2 or 3 in the morning. I've talked to her about strategies to "change her mind" and to calm herself (read/quote Scripture, pray, count as high as she can, other things to get her mind off of the endless cycle of thinking and worrying)...I've even slept with her in her (twin) bed a couple of times. Eventually, I decided to go ahead and allow her to take some Benadryl just before bed to help her to relax. I've also considered getting some Melatonin, which is a natural, herbal, non-habit forming sleep aid. I also (very occasionally and sparingly) use the pain meds my doctor has given me to help me fall asleep. I know how addictive those things can be, so that's why I don't use them unless I'm totally desperate.In my daughter's case, getting one or two full nights of sleep gets her back on track, and she doesn't need the Benadryl anymore.
So, I wonder if taking NyQuil or some other kind of sleep aid would help to knock you back into your natural sleep cycle/rhythm...You could discontinue using the meds when you're back on track. I wonder if the nightmares (and daymares) have come as a result of lost sleep at night. (I know you mentioned a reaction to a B-complex medication, but as you said, you should be over that by now unless it did permanent damage.) Have you gotten any bloodwork done? I think that would be a great start to helping you down the road of recovery.
Just my 2 cents...

Edited by Annie

Joel, I just prayed for you. I have also been experiencing an ongoing major (life threatening) health problem for the last few months, with many months to follow, I'm sure; the end is nowhere near in sight. The medication I am on (chemotherapy) is pretty rough. I know how much of a comfort it is to have many family members and friends bringing me before the Throne.
I am not a big fan of medication (as in habit-forming meds) for sleep problems...but I have used medication with my children at times to get them "over a hump," so to speak. For example, my 13 year old seems to struggle with getting to sleep at night; her brain won't "shut off, " and she lies there and worries that she won't be able to get to sleep. Sometimes she is awake until 2 or 3 in the morning. I've talked to her about strategies to "change her mind" and to calm herself (read/quote Scripture, pray, count as high as she can, other things to get her mind off of the endless cycle of thinking and worrying)...I've even slept with her in her (twin) bed a couple of times. Eventually, I decided to go ahead and allow her to take some Benadryl just before bed to help her to relax. I've also considered getting some Melatonin, which is a natural, herbal, non-habit forming sleep aid. I also (very occasionally and sparingly) use the pain meds my doctor has given me to help me fall asleep. I know how addictive those things can be, so that's why I don't use them unless I'm totally desperate.In my daughter's case, getting one or two full nights of sleep gets her back on track, and she doesn't need the Benadryl anymore.
So, I wonder if taking NyQuil or some other kind of sleep aid would help to knock you back into your natural sleep cycle/rhythm...You could discontinue using the meds when you're back on track. I wonder if the nightmares (and daymares) have come as a result of lost sleep at night. (I know you mentioned a reaction to a B-complex medication, but as you said, you should be over that by now unless it did permanent damage.) Have you gotten any bloodwork done? I think that would be a great start to helping you down the road of recovery.
Just my 2 cents...

Will be praying for you, Annie. I don't know what your chemotherapy is, but did you know that Turmeric is thought to help increase the efficacy of certain chemo drugs while limiting the damage? I've recently been learning a lot about Turmeric that I wish I had known before my Dad got cancer. Please know you are in my prayers. As are you, Joel.

my 13 year old seems to struggle with getting to sleep at night; her brain won't "shut off, "

Is she using the computer, electronic device or watching tv 60 minutes or so prior to going to bed? She also has to get right with the Lord about worrying. It's a sin that I'm guilty of regularly breaking. One of our daughters is a "worry wart" so we made an effort to shield them all from our problems and her sleep went back to normal. They're too young to fix anything yet, except to pray.

Just my 2 cents...

Annie I will be praying for you, and your children, each time I pray for Joel and a few others here. I make it a point to pray for those here at least daily and usually several times a day. My Mom took chemo treatments for cancer and I've known many others who have taken various forms of chemo so I know it came be a very tough time dealing with that...then there is the problem that requires the treatments wearing at one too.

My heartfelt prayers go before the throne for each of you.

Is she using the computer, electronic device or watching tv 60 minutes or so prior to going to bed? She also has to get right with the Lord about worrying. It's a sin that I'm guilty of regularly breaking. One of our daughters is a "worry wart" so we made an effort to shield them all from our problems and her sleep went back to normal. They're too young to fix anything yet, except to pray.

No, she watches literally no TV, and plays no video games. Her brain is thinking about violin auditions, her new violin student, her first soccer practice, etc. I have talked to her about the sin of worry, and she deals with it...but it's still a struggle for her. She's not a "worry wart" at all during the day; it's just when she lies in bed and thinks about how tired she will be in the morning if she doesn't get to sleep. She's not even "worried" about the other stuff; she's thinking through it, and that makes her not able to sleep.

Will be praying for you, Annie. I don't know what your chemotherapy is, but did you know that Turmeric is thought to help increase the efficacy of certain chemo drugs while limiting the damage? I've recently been learning a lot about Turmeric that I wish I had known before my Dad got cancer. Please know you are in my prayers. As are you, Joel.

Thanks, LuAnne. I have heard of tumeric and will check it out. Edited by Annie

Annie I will be praying for you, and your children, each time I pray for Joel and a few others here. I make it a point to pray for those here at least daily and usually several times a day. My Mom took chemo treatments for cancer and I've known many others who have taken various forms of chemo so I know it came be a very tough time dealing with that...then there is the problem that requires the treatments wearing at one too.

My heartfelt prayers go before the throne for each of you.
Thanks, John. God is so good to us; each day I grow to understand more about how much He loves us.

Her brain is thinking...

I do my best thinking or decision making at night, always have. You could say I'm a night owl. My mother and sister are too. I guess we "suffer" from the same thing too, my brain gets going and I cannot slow it down for sleep to come, sometimes tossing and turning for hours before just giving up and getting up. Part of it has to do with my lack of physical activity now because of my injury. Maybe she needs to swim a 100 laps a day or walk the dog a few miles but even then, sometimes after working 17 hours I still couldn't get to sleep. Tylenol PM and the walmart knockoff helps me sleep within about 30 minutes of taking it. No tv, no reading, just thinking about things I like to do and I'm out! Sometimes I fall asleep in long prayer to the Lord, sorry Lord! As a kid I'd think about a car I wanted, go through the motions of starting it up and pulling out of the driveway, never made it more than a mile from home!

Maybe she can think about picturing herself putting on a performance or meeting the Lord in the air? I mentioned worldly things but maybe we should direct our thoughts instead about God?

Ohh, Melatonin worked great, but gave me gout which I've had before.

I do my best thinking or decision making at night, always have. You could say I'm a night owl. My mother and sister are too. I guess we "suffer" from the same thing too, my brain gets going and I cannot slow it down for sleep to come, sometimes tossing and turning for hours before just giving up and getting up. Part of it has to do with my lack of physical activity now because of my injury. Maybe she needs to swim a 100 laps a day or walk the dog a few miles but even then, sometimes after working 17 hours I still couldn't get to sleep. Tylenol PM and the walmart knockoff helps me sleep within about 30 minutes of taking it. No tv, no reading, just thinking about things I like to do and I'm out! Sometimes I fall asleep in long prayer to the Lord, sorry Lord! As a kid I'd think about a car I wanted, go through the motions of starting it up and pulling out of the driveway, never made it more than a mile from home!

Maybe she can think about picturing herself putting on a performance or meeting the Lord in the air? I mentioned worldly things but maybe we should direct our thoughts instead about God?

Ohh, Melatonin worked great, but gave me gout which I've had before.

I've often wondered if others have this problem. Sometimes I'll be feeling very tired but as soon as a lay down in bed it's like my mind kicks into high gear. I used to be able to focus my mind upon a particular battle or war and refight it in my mind and fall asleep while doing this but it seems I've gone through them so many times this no longer works. I've had times where I will pray for a long time and eventually fall asleep, I believe God understands and I find I have a very peaceful sleep when I fall asleep after much prayer. Sometimes I just toss and turn, unable to focus on one thing too long or worse yet, my mind focuses upon things that cause more thought! At times I've tried watching some TV but it's usually too hard to find anything acceptable to watch so I don't try that much anymore. Sometimes reading the Word or a Christian book helps, but then sometimes I'll get so tired I'm dropping the book but when I go to bed I'm awake again.

It's all rather strange and I'm thankful it doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's frustrating not knowing why my mind is suddenly so active, especially when I'm feeling really tired.

I've often wondered if others have this problem. Sometimes I'll be feeling very tired but as soon as a lay down in bed it's like my mind kicks into high gear. I used to be able to focus my mind upon a particular battle or war and refight it in my mind and fall asleep while doing this but it seems I've gone through them so many times this no longer works. I've had times where I will pray for a long time and eventually fall asleep, I believe God understands and I find I have a very peaceful sleep when I fall asleep after much prayer. Sometimes I just toss and turn, unable to focus on one thing too long or worse yet, my mind focuses upon things that cause more thought! At times I've tried watching some TV but it's usually too hard to find anything acceptable to watch so I don't try that much anymore. Sometimes reading the Word or a Christian book helps, but then sometimes I'll get so tired I'm dropping the book but when I go to bed I'm awake again.

It's all rather strange and I'm thankful it doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's frustrating not knowing why my mind is suddenly so active, especially when I'm feeling really tired.

My wife has the same problem as you describe John. She can be worn out, but once she gets into bed her "brain is turned on." We haven't found a solution yet.

Praying for all here.

Wow, lots of replies! Thanks for the prayers and comments, everyone. :)

Just my 2 cents...

Unfortunately, one or two nights wouldn't help me at all. Even if I got back on track for weeks, I could easily be knocked back off it without improvement in other areas. My sleep schedule has literally been messed up for years due to my health and spiritual problems...Especially my health.

No, they came immediately from the B-complex; it's not the sleep. I sleep enough, just not at the right times. I haven't been sleeping well for a long time, so if it was that, it would have started a long time ago.

I think I got a little bloodwork done. Unfortunately, doctors are literally clueless about my disease.

I hope I didn't miss addressing anything...If I did, please let me know. :)
God bless,
Joel ><>.

You remain on my daily prayer list. I don't understand anything about it but the Savior does. I just prayed for your relief and healing, again. God bless you today with his love.

We know the Lord works all things together for good for us yet He doesn't always reveal to us what that is. God allowed Job to go through so much and certainly Job was rewarded in this life and the one to come for enduring, yet God didn't tell Job why he was going through what he was and while Job was going through it he had no clue why he was suffering.

I know from experience it's hard to find comfort in these things but we have to try and remind ourselves that in some way God is working something good.

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee through this storm in your life and I pray He will provide you the peace, strength, healing, wisdom and wherewithall you need.

Been a while. Nothing good to report, unfortunately. :( Been a good bit dizzier today and yesterday - especially today.
God bless,
Joel ><>.

Very sad and sorry to hear this. I will take this matter before the Lord several times a day in fervent prayer. May the Lord soon deliver you from this affliction.