• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good News Boys And Girls!

• Members

How do do you think Jesus feels about lying and feeding false doctrine to children?

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Check this page out.

But here is good news! Before creating the world, God chose to set His love on some sinners and save them through Jesus

http://www.gqkidz.org/never-heard.html

• Members

The King James Bible says that Jesus draws all men, God loved the world, whosoever will and set before us life and death, then asked us to CHOOSE LIFE. That is what the Bible teaches. So on May 11, 1986 when he convinced me of sin, righteousness and judgement, I chose life. My choosing was an entirely selfish act, required no "work" and was simply faith in my heart, so why do some folks seem to consider that to be 'of ourselves' or 'taking part' or 'taking credit' for salvation?

God has foreknowledge..... knew who would be saved, but He left the choice to us. If I program one of my robotic machines to perform a certain action an hour from now, It is going to do my bidding one hour from now. That's NOT foreknowldege. On the other hand, if I had the suprnatural ability to predict what you are going to do one hour from now, THAT, my friend is foreknowledge....and just becasue I KNEW what you were going to do, does that mean I made it happen?

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

The King James Bible says that Jesus draws all men, God loved the world, whosoever will and set before us life and death, then asked us to CHOOSE LIFE. That is what the Bible teaches. So on May 11, 1986 when he convinced me of sin, righteousness and judgement, I chose life. My choosing was an entirely selfish act, required no "work" and was simply faith in my heart, so why do some folks seem to consider that to be 'of ourselves' or 'taking part' or 'taking credit' for salvation?

God has foreknowledge..... knew who would be saved, but He left the choice to us. If I program one of my robotic machines to perform a certain action an hour from now, It is going to do my bidding one hour from now. That's NOT foreknowldege. On the other hand, if I had the suprnatural ability to predict what you are going to do one hour from now, THAT, my friend is foreknowledge....and just becasue I KNEW what you were going to do, does that mean I made it happen?

You choose which bits of the bible you WANT to believe. Jesus said "You didn't choose me, I chose you."

• Members

You choose which bits of the bible you WANT to believe. Jesus said "You didn't choose me, I chose you."

Who was He talking to and what was the context?

From what I see, the Disciples were chosen to service in that passage. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

5Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; 36And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! 37And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. 38Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? 39He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour. 40One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 42And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.
43The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. 44Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. 46And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. 47Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! 48Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 50Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

When Jesus chose them, they were ALREADY looking for the Messiah. the King of Israel. the Son of God.

• Members

I don't have time to follow the link right now, but what's wrong with pointing out the fact that God saved us from before the foundation of the world? That's right from the Bible.

God's saving us from before the foundation of the world has nothing to do with election, foreknowledge, etc - it's because the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. God's plan to send Jesus was always in effect, before He even created Adam and the world. God is outside of time, you could say He is time, so He moves independently of the time that controls our lives. Jesus was crucified for ALL who will BELIEVE before man was even created.

• Members

God's saving us from before the foundation of the world has nothing to do with election, foreknowledge, etc - it's because the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. God's plan to send Jesus was always in effect, before He even created Adam and the world. God is outside of time, you could say He is time, so He moves independently of the time that controls our lives. Jesus was crucified for ALL who will BELIEVE before man was even created.

Like I said, we were saved before the foundation of the world. I'm very thankful for that!

• Members

Nobody was saved until they repented of their wickedness and believed on Jesus......turning from self to God. Calvinists need to repent of their wicked doctrine which slanders the character of God, and limits His boundless love.

Why are some so fixated upon Calvinism and think it's everywhere.

God knows the beginning from the end, what He sets forth, He accomplishes, God set forth salvation and the means for it before He ever formed the world. Why not rejoice that God loved us enough to do so rather than deciding not to bother even creating us or bringing about creation and then leaving us to sink in the mire of sin?

Just as with Jeremiah, before God formed you, He knew you!

Jeremiah 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

• Members

Why are some so fixated upon Calvinism and think it's everywhere.

God knows the beginning from the end, what He sets forth, He accomplishes, God set forth salvation and the means for it before He ever formed the world. Why not rejoice that God loved us enough to do so rather than deciding not to bother even creating us or bringing about creation and then leaving us to sink in the mire of sin?

Just as with Jeremiah, before God formed you, He knew you!

Jeremiah 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

In context - spoken to Jeremiah only - HE - JEREMIAH - was sanctified and ordained a prophet before birth. He, God, may have known me before birth but He never SANCTIFIED nor ORDAINED me a prophet, a believer or saved before birth.

• Members

If I program one of my robotic machines to perform a certain action an hour from now, It is going to do my bidding one hour from now. That's NOT foreknowldege. On the other hand, if I had the suprnatural ability to predict what you are going to do one hour from now, THAT, my friend is foreknowledge....and just becasue I KNEW what you were going to do, does that mean I made it happen?

Good to speak to you again, Heartstrings. Good question! But I think the question I asked you back in November is logically prior to this one, i.e. we need to answer mine in order to make sense of yours. You didn't answer my question from November at the time--will you do so now?

All the best

Carl

• Members

In context - spoken to Jeremiah only - HE - JEREMIAH - was sanctified and ordained a prophet before birth. He, God, may have known me before birth but He never SANCTIFIED nor ORDAINED me a prophet, a believer or saved before birth.

The point is, just as God knew Jeremiah, he knew each of us before we were even formed. God provided for our salvation before He even formed the world. God knew before He formed the world that the Sunday after I turned 18 I would be born again in Christ.

• Members

The point is, just as God knew Jeremiah, he knew each of us before we were even formed. God provided for our salvation before He even formed the world. God knew before He formed the world that the Sunday after I turned 18 I would be born again in Christ.

I know that was your point John, but there's a little ambiguity concerning whether He knew you before you were born or did He SAVE you before you were born? I believe that God knew us before we were born and PROVIDED a way for salvation for all mankind through Jesus before the foundation of the world. But some sadly believe that this provision was only for a few elect and they were SAVED before they were even born, that this "knew" and "saved" are the same thing.