• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Arming Yourself - Marriage/family Battle

• Members

Marriage between a man and a woman is holy and the devil hates it. He wants to undermine, pervert, and destroy the normal institution of the family and he will use any means he can to do it.

I'll agree with that, sadly many married couples do all the work for the old Devil thus giving the Devil plenty of time to work in the life of those trying to walk close to God.

There are many times God wants to see Christians get up and take action. Passivity sure that's an option. Is prayer actively engaging...you can rest assured it is; it is the very minimum a Christian can do. Take for instance the action word above...GO; it is a commandment from the Lord Jesus Christ. Philip didn't lead an Ethiopian to the Lord from his prayer closet. Peter took the word of God to Cornelius and an entire household received the Holy Ghost. Paul took the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the West and the result was...two continents were heard the Gospel. These men of God put feet to their prayers.

Sometimes we rest on the knowledge of our salvation. Sometimes we would rather sleep. Sometimes we wear our sensitivities on our sleeves and its rubbed by someone passing by.

Let’s look at Matthew more closely.

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

God, the Lord Jesus, has just said, He is almighty God.

He is giving a command to his disciples assembled to hear Him.

What is He saying to do? Action, “Go,” “teach,” and “baptize.”

Teach what? What he just said “to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.”

In other words, take this commandment to all nations; they are to follow the command I just gave you. To put it straight forward, Jesus Christ, God of “all power” just said get up and get going.

So, get up, get out, and speak up for God’s institution of marriage. Christ stood up for it and we follow Him, right?

Mark 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
Mark 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
Mark 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Christ felt it was very important not only to denounce divorce but, to reinforce God’s institution of marriage.

• Members

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Notice the primary objective here as well as the order of operation.

We are to go forth teaching all about the good news of Jesus Christ, then we are to baptize those born again in Christ, then we are to disciple them.

That's how we are to change the world.

Why were most of the laws in America once much in line with Christianity? Because Christians dominated the country, the society. Why are laws and social standards going directly against Christianity these days? Because Christians are becoming an ever smaller percentage of the population, Christians no longer dominate. This can't be remedied by any other means than revival among God's people followed by them becoming prayer warriors (prayer, which is reliance upon God and seeking His will and supply, is exceedingly important, even Jesus place prayer as a priority), going forth preaching the Gospel, baptizing those born again and actively discipling them.

• Members

Notice the primary objective here as well as the order of operation.

We are to go forth teaching all about the good news of Jesus Christ, then we are to baptize those born again in Christ, then we are to disciple them.

That's how we are to change the world.

Why were most of the laws in America once much in line with Christianity? Because Christians dominated the country, the society. Why are laws and social standards going directly against Christianity these days? Because Christians are becoming an ever smaller percentage of the population, Christians no longer dominate. This can't be remedied by any other means than revival among God's people followed by them becoming prayer warriors (prayer, which is reliance upon God and seeking His will and supply, is exceedingly important, even Jesus place prayer as a priority), going forth preaching the Gospel, baptizing those born again and actively discipling them.

Right on John, yet ti seems many wants to try & change this world by having certain leaders, implementing certain laws, & we have no example of that from Jesus nor from what He taught His 12 apostles, nor what they taught us.

But we do know laws & even good leaders will never work, God Himself has shown us that fact, its proven over & over in the Old Testament. Them brought in liberty, & that liberty helps us have the liberty to do what is right in the site of God, the law never did that.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

No one here wants to change the world by having certain leaders implement certain laws. Sometimes it appears folks want to provide excuses for taking no action.

A friend once told me, "An excuse is the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie." I prefer to say, stuffed with fluff.

Edit to add...
There should be no shame in standing up for what Christ confirmed in Mk. 10:5-8.

In standing for Word of God some boldness is required.

Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

A saying that's from man. Sad to say, the men & women that's following God's way, is marked as doing nothing, by worldly people, & many that call themselves Christian, for they have a false sense of what the child of God should be busy doing.

Many get entangled in things they should not, & it interferes with the objective that God has given them.

2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Edited by Jerry80871852

A saying that's from man. Sad to say, the men & women that's following God's way, is marked as doing nothing, by worldly people, & many that call themselves Christian, for they have a false sense of what the child of God should be busy doing.

Many get entangled in things they should not, & it interferes with the objective that God has given them.

2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

What! You don't believe God can provide wisdom from a man? If God can give words of wisdom from the the mouth of an ass he most assuredly can give it from the mouth of a man. I imagine you might reconsider if the words came from the mouth of an ass. But, what is the result if we do not heed that wisdom, and who does err? There are times Paul imparted wisdom without commandment of God; how and where did he receive this liberty?

Its probably best if you stop attempting to discredit the messenger and look closer at the message.
So, you're calling standing up for the word of God wrong. Are you ashamed of Jesus defense of marriage in Mark 10:5-8?
Are you saying I shouldn't seek to imitate Christ?

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

What is sad is when someone attempts to tell a Christian which parts of the Bible are included in “all things whatsoever I have commanded you”. I have lost acquaintances who have heard some Bible and love to bring accusations but, they're lost. I think its time I closed this before it goes any further.