• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lowe's Supporting Abortion

• Members

I'm trying not to shop at stores that use my money to support sin (homosexuality, abortion ect.) So I left Home Depot and started going to Lowes. I was at the checkout with my new compost bin and I noticed they were selling pink Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation gardening tools and garden flags. (sigh) I just can't win.

Edited by Cliff Hanger

Who is Susan G.Komen and is she a supporter of homosexuals and abortionists? Will I get all the info on this if I google her name or do you have a site/ article to catch me up on her?

• Members

I read about it in my Sword of the Lord newspaper. It was found out that her foundation was giving money to planned parenthood. There was a backlash from Christian groups. The foundation issued a statement saying they would stop funding planned parenthood but then changed their minds (pressure from abortion groups I'm sure). My wife was donating to them but have since stopped.

Edited by Cliff Hanger

• Members

I read about it in my Sword of the Lord newspaper. It was found out that her foundation was giving money to planned parenthood. There was a backlash from Christian groups. The foundation issued a statement saying they would stop funding planned parenthood but then changed their minds (pressure from abortion groups I'm sure). My wife was donating to them but have since stopped.

Ok thanks.....I'll do some reading.

• Members

A more effective way to make our point might be to do some research and find a truly good breast cancer research organization. The contact Lowes, inform them of the money the Komen Foundation wastes supporting Planned Parenthood (which does NOTHING for breast cancer, but is the largest abortion provider) and suggest they drop support of Komen in favor of some group which actually uses their donated funds for real breast cancer causes.

• Members

Your money will always support sin unless you drop off the face of the earth, stop paying taxes, and go live off the land in the Montana wilderness.

Seriously.

Regarding the Komen association...I did hear about the abortion thing but on the other hand, I know a very great Christian lady who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time she found out she was pregnant...kept the baby...lived about 3 years before passing away. But the Komen foundation helped her family ALOT. They even used some of her photographs with her pretty bald head and holding her baby.

Who knows, someday I might have cancer and my family might need help from the Komen foundation.

• Members

Your money will always support sin unless you drop off the face of the earth, stop paying taxes, and go live off the land in the Montana wilderness.

Seriously.

Regarding the Komen association...I did hear about the abortion thing but on the other hand, I know a very great Christian lady who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time she found out she was pregnant...kept the baby...lived about 3 years before passing away. But the Komen foundation helped her family ALOT. They even used some of her photographs with her pretty bald head and holding her baby.

Who knows, someday I might have cancer and my family might need help from the Komen foundation.

For the most part, what the Komen Foundation does is a good thing, but to take money donated to them to help cure cancer and give it to an organization which does nothing to help cancer patients or find a cure for cancer, is extremely unethical and actually works against their stated goal of finding a cure for breast cancer and helping those with cancer.

A more effective way to make our point might be to do some research and find a truly good breast cancer research organization. The contact Lowes, inform them of the money the Komen Foundation wastes supporting Planned Parenthood (which does NOTHING for breast cancer, but is the largest abortion provider) and suggest they drop support of Komen in favor of some group which actually uses their donated funds for real breast cancer causes.

It would be difficult to watch a college football game with analyst Chris Spielman and not hear about Stephanie and the research fund they started.

Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research

Here are the sub categories for her fund...

I just read "The Fund at Work" and it seems they use all the fund for the designated purpose. As do the other funds at
the James Cancer Research Center.

• Members

Seriously.

Sadly, this is so true, in so many different ways.

One of my hobbies is woodworking. I'm not a pro, just something I enjoy doing. I don't sell what I make nor do I sell my abilities when I can help someone else. In order to continue to do this, I have to go to Lowes, Home Depot, Builder's Supply, and others for tools and supplies. I'm reasonably sure that everyone of these suppliers has something that directly or indirectly (as with Lowes) supports sin. Should I boycott all of them and tell my neighbor or church that I can't do xyz for them because I can't find a supplier who doesn't support sin in some manner?

Take a coffee cup. Yes, a simple coffee mug to hold my morning coffee. Recently broke one of my favorites and set out to buy a new one. There were a ton of them donated to our church yard sale. Twentyfive cents is a good price for a coffee cup. If I could get by what was printed on the outside of the mug, the next step was to turn it over and see who made it. Ninety to ninetyfive percent of them were made in China. Double header here. Buy a "made in China" coffee mug supports a country/government where sin know no bounds. AND, it supports the stranglehold China has over the US economy.

Yes, I can hear the thoughts right now.

Drink your coffee out of a tin can if you can't find a coffee mug that isn't made in China or decorated with a "worldly" message.

OK, I'll go along with that premise and often do just that when an equivalent alternative is available. However, how about the coffee itself? What am I supporting when I buy a pound of coffee? Fortunately I drink my coffee black. So, I don't have to wonder what's being supported by those producing/selling sugar and coffee creamer. (Or everything else that's sold at the grocery store.)

Just a long winded way of saying we have to pick our battles, as we serve the Lord. Satan is going to try to keep us distracted with lots of little brush fires, while he's busy elsewhere burning down the whole forest.

• Members

Everything has some taint of sin, but it's one thing to recognize that and another to know for certain someone or some company is specifically supporting sin.

For instance, Home Depot is not only tainted by sin, they openly and loudly not only support homosexual "rights" they promote homosexuality. That goes well beyond simply being connected to some sin or privately donating some money to support sin. Because Home Depot chooses to openly mock Christianity and publically supports and promotes the homosexual agenda, I will not spend my money at that store.

Regarding Lowes, it may well be they are sincerely trying to help in the area of breast cancer. The Komen Foundation is a good breast cancer group so it's not surprising they would give them money. It would be interesting to see what Lowes would do if it was brought to their attention that Komen doesn't use all their funds fighting breast cancer, but donates a large sum to Planned Parenthood even though PP does nothing to help with the issue of breast cancer and may in fact indirectly increase cases of breast cancer by providing abortions. Perhaps, if presented with a truly good cancer fighting organization, such as the one mentioned above, Lowes would choose to donate their money to them rather than Komen.

If I know a business is egregiously supporting sin, I will find an alternative. No, we can't boycott everything that is tainted with sin, but we can be very selective in how we do business and avoid the most egregious ones.

• Members

John, thanks for the heads up on Home Depot. Somehow I'd either missed that about them or it didn't get through my thick head. Maybe it's because I rarely ever shop there, anyway. Same thing with Builder's Supply. It's probably been a year since I last bought anything from them. (BTW, that doesn't mean that I know something negative about Builder's. Just haven't had a need, specific to them, that justified the distance to travel to their location.)

And, I do agree with your premise. As time goes by there's more and more that I cross off my list, as I just can't support some aspect. I can't tell you how long it's been since I went to a movie theater or rented a movie. Used to enjoy going to them, when I could watch the movie in the presence of both Grandma and a 6 year old. I do not have a Facebook account and have no intention of getting one nor being apart of that stock market frenzy that was in the news this morning. Just two examples.