• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Long Have You Been A Christian?

Guest Guest

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Christmas time in Germany by myself with a KJV Bible and a bible study book. It had a prayer in the back and I realized although I thought I'd been saved I wasn't! My life has never been the same! I was 22 yrs old. The next day was church and I went bounding into Sunday school all excited explaining that Jesus Christ lives in me and produces the fruit not me!! About half of the class was excited as I was and the other part I thought they hadn't heard me because they just stared at me! So I said it again and gave the entire Gospel message as well as I could. Then it hit me --they sat in that class and weren't saved!! Now I always look for the person at church to reach out to that's not saved!--in Christ Praise Him for His mercy and grace and Christ's righteousness because I have none without His!!!---Pixie

When you got saved how did you know what happened that you knew that God heard you? I pray but i don't feel any different. does something happen to you like a glow

• Members

When I got saved the preacher was preaching on Hell and I was convicted about my sin and realized I would go to Hell. Out of fear of going to Hell I stopped the preacher in the middle of his sermon and said "I don't want to go to Hell" he said "son if you will trust Jesus you don't have to go to Hell". At that moment the best I understood I trusted Jesus. After that they took me into a room and talked with me and we prayed. But I don't know what we prayed. All I could think about was wanting to go home and tell my mom I wasn't going to Hell. So; no glow, no feelings, no prayers, just trusted Jesus. Then after that everythings started to change.

• Members

I don't know when exactly you would say I was saved to be honest. My road was a long one of piecing things together. I grew up with non-believing parents and extended family, but I don't ever remember not believing in God and Jesus as my Savior. No one in my family believed and I didn't grow up in a very religious area (almost everyone was a luke warm Catholic at best). I didn't go to Church until college when I went on my own (couldn't drive to one at home) so I had to piece everything together myself by reading the Bible.

Mother's Day' date=' May 11, 1986[/quote']

That was 2 days after I was born :clap:

• Members

Since December 20th, 1993...so, 15 years!

In answer to the person asking how we know God hears...not everyone has a feeling when they get saved. Feelings come and go and can be very deceiving. It's best to just rest on God's word which never changes. He says that "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." and we have to take God at His word. When we call on Him for salvation He says He will save us. Just have to accept that; feeling or no feeling.