• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God's Need To Be Worshiped?

• Members

It was Sethdoty & Heartstrings who referred to calvinism in response to a post by Calvary. (See p. 1)

The Reformed doctrines were included in the 1689 Baptist confession - the first year it was "safe" to issue a signed confession. I only reply because of the serious misunderstandings whereby you accuse "calvinists" of believing what anti-calvinists say we do. Try to understand us before you post your own misunderstandings.

Meanwhile :11backtotopic:

God, of course has no needs - he is eternally self-sufficient, yet he has created a universe to display his glory (Psalm 19) angels to serve him, (Heb. 1) & a people to rejoice in his redeeming love. (Jer. 31)

Do we worship our glorious God because he demands it, or because of the love in our hearts that joyfully responds to his so-great redeeming love?

Psalm 145:1 I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.

Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

One generation shall praise thy works to an
ot
her, and shall declare thy mighty acts.