• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Copper Magnetic Therapy Jesus Bracelet

An advertisement came in the mail today. From www.DreamProductsCatalog.com

On the back was an ad for a Copper Magnetic Therapy Jesus Bracelet for only $9.97!

Details of the ad...

COMBINES POWERFUL FORCES FROM HEAVEN AND EARTH
Do you believe? For centuries millions of people have believed in the healing properties of both copper magnetic therapy to help ease aches and pains from arthritis and other ailments. If you believe, now you can combine these forces with your powerful faith in the miracles of Jesus to protect you from pain and soothe your soul in times of stress. Solid copper and fully adjustable to fit most wrists. Order now at this great low price and get FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING! U.S. orders only. Cannot ship to Canada.
Satisfaction Guaranteed or Return For Your Money Back

If it weren't so tragic it would be laughable. Do you catch all the perversion and subtle attack against Christ?

• Members

Never heard of that but it doesn't surprise me! I see a lot of ads for "guardian angel" things. Sometimes there are ads for "saint" necklaces as well as various things supposedly having something to do with angels.

Strange how the "angels" never appear as biblical angels are always described but either as women or fat babies.

• Members

The older I get, the more sadness I feel (sometimes anger, too) at how the name of the Lord is being used for greed. It's like the money changers in the temple.

I believe in free enterprize and the concepts of capitalism.

Yet, I want to cry at how those are being abused, in the name of the Lord. The Lifeway mailer that we get is filled with "stuff" imprinted with Christian "slogans" almost to the point of being obscene. Cutsey gimmicks to lure believers into buying cups, bowls, and spoons, simply because they have something "religious" printed on them. And, especially, when the secular world is also incorporated. Something's wrong when there's a sale on bunny rabbits and Easter eggs with a token reference to the Lord on them.