• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Eric Stahl

Bible Code In The King James Bible

Why? Do you know something we don't?

I was sent a site where you can ask questions to see if it is in the Bible code in the King James Bible. I never heard of this before. It seems to work. How can it be? Has any one studied it?

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I will strongly suggest you stay away from that site.

There was a pretty good story on this sort of thing on TV a year or so ago. They discussed all the Bible code stuff and then they pulled out two or three large books, similar in page number to the KJB. They then tried "the Bible code" using those books and sure enough, it seemed as if those books had codes too!

The reason? The technique used with these Bible codes simply searches throughout the text for something to fit the question, so in any book with lots of pages, and therefore lots of words, there is a high chance of receiving an "answer" which gives the illusion there is some code involved.

I was sent a site where you can ask questions to see if it is in the Bible code in the King James Bible. I never heard of this before. It seems to work. How can it be? Has any one studied it?

I once worked with a guy who was a very immature Christian and heavily into that stuff as well as some sort of letters and numbers deal where he would add up the numerical value of the letters in a word and try to come up with some sort of "hidden" meaning. In my opinion this kind of thing comes from the same kind of desires that lead people into horoscopes and what not. This is just a "Christianized" version of that. God does not hide spiritual truths or knowledge from believers with codes and complicated formulas. Typically the greatest truths and the deepest spiritual knowledge is right there on the surface in plain sight, it is just that frequently we fail to appropriate those "obvious" truths into our lives as we should and when we fail to do that we are not capable of understanding how great and how deep they really are. Instead it is easy to gloss over the basics and start digging for some "secret" knowledge that doesn't even exist, at least not in the form we were anticipating. If many Christians(and this includes me) would work just as hard at living the basic and obvious truths of Gods word day to day as they do at trying to find out and understand the "deep" or "hidden" things of scripture they would get farther. A lot of the more "complicated" stuff would/does solve itself and becomes less complicated as the believer more and more has the mind of Christ.

I guess what I am trying to say is that God has not "hidden" any spiritual truths at all per se, rather it just sometimes can seem that way because we are not Christ like enough to understand them. Truly clear spiritual sight comes from becoming more like Christ and not just from seeking spiritual sight for its own sake. If a person seeks spiritual knowledge for its own sake even in the best case scenario all that happens is they end up collecting a whole lot of spiritual facts but have very little sight of their own. If they know a whole lot of spiritual facts it can give the illusion that they have spiritual sight, and if they apply some of the facts that they know it can keep them out of trouble to a certain degree, yet, sooner or later there always comes a point where they don't have a spiritual "fact" to fall back on and at these times any Christian can get into trouble unless they are Christlike enough to have actual spiritual sight rather than simply possessing a quantity of spiritual information. :twocents:

Now this is not to say that studying or a desire to understand "deep" things is bad, it is good, but to often it gets out of balance and the basics of Christian living are under done. If a Christian is discussing or trying to understand the "deep" things of the scriptures while all the while doing very poorly on the sort of things mentioned in 2nd Peter 1:5-7 chances are their spiritual judgment will not be all that good anyway since they are primarily operating in the flesh. Edited by Seth-Doty

The Bible Code works off a number of skipped letters.

For instance, skip every 237 letters in the Bible, writing down every 238th letter and you will come across words, and yes... even phrases.

But the Bible Code has been proven to be wrong on some of its predictions. Back in the late 90's when Michael Drosnin wrote the original Bible Code book, he gave predictions of a great earthquake in late 2006 that would hit LA Calif in 2006. There was supposed to be great fire and destruction with that earthquake. According to reports, the strongest quake in Calif in 2006 was a 4.5 on the Richter Scale. Whole lot of shaking going on, but no great fires and destruction.

Seeing that it can be wrong with some of its predictions, the Bible Code is clearly seen as happenstance and not from God.

I have the Bible Code book by Drosnin. Have had it for quite some time. Fascinating read, but no more reliable than L Frank Baum's books.

I use the book to disprove the Bible code by pointing out predictions made in the book that were supposed to happen in the first decade of the 21st Century that have not taken place.

Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Instance of failed event foretold in the Bible Code:

THE Bible code warns that a collision with the Earth may be a real danger. There are a
series of near encounters indicated, right up to the time Swift returns in 2126.
But the first year clearly encoded with "comet" is only 10 years away"5766," in the
modern calendar 2006.
Running across 2006 is a chilling statement: "Its path struck their dwelling." The
warning that overlaps the year ends with the words "starlike object."
Right above 2006 is an apparent confirmation of the time: "Year predicted for the
world."
Other probabilities are encoded. Both "5770" and "5772"-the years 2010 and 2012-also
appear with "comet."
"Days of horror" runs across 2010. "Darkness" and "gloom" cross "comet" right below.
"Earth annihilated" states the hidden text right above the year 2012.

But where 2012 is encoded there is also a statement that the disaster will be prevented, that the comet will be blocked: "It will be crumbled, driven out, I will tear it to pieces,
5772."

Was there a day of horror caused by a comet in 2010? Not to my knowledge. And we don't have to wait for December 21,2012 to disprove the "earth annihilated" prediction. We only need the Word of God. People will live on the Earth for at least 1000 years after Christ comes in the clouds for His Body of Believers. Obviously a future event.

Bible Code just happenstance as I said earlier. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

Right on, no Bible code needed, all that is needed, is to be saved, pray for wisdom, study the Bible, letting the Holy Spirit guide you as you study the Word.

Bible code is used to mislead people, & make people think they have to follow the man that claims that God has revealed the code to them. These people handle the word of God deceitfully, following the god of this world who has blinded them from the truth, & mostly for their own selfish gain.

Don't get mislead by them.

Isaiah 45:19
I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

John 18:20
Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

The original bible code by the Hebrew Mathematics professor at the Hebrew University in Israel used the Torah and removed all spaces per legend of the seamless work. There were two stand-outs........ one a date given for asteroids hitting Jupiter. There was no prior knowledge but it happened. The other was the assignation of the assign Manichean B........ Israeli prime minister.

Use the Bible; pay no attention to the wolf............ It's all in the Bible and 2 Pet 1:20 is the way it is.

There was a pretty good story on this sort of thing on TV a year or so ago. They discussed all the Bible code stuff and then they pulled out two or three large books, similar in page number to the KJB. They then tried "the Bible code" using those books and sure enough, it seemed as if those books had codes too!

The reason? The technique used with these Bible codes simply searches throughout the text for something to fit the question, so in any book with lots of pages, and therefore lots of words, there is a high chance of receiving an "answer" which gives the illusion there is some code involved.

That's interesting because we've done a bit of study into it, and from what we have seenm it doesn't work in other large books, or at loeast, with nowhere near the hits and specifics. Specifically, War and Peace and Moby Dick were two examples where it doesn't work at all.

It also really works better with the Hebrew, but I have seen where it works with the KJV and not with other versions.

I have been a bit of a skeptic of it, honestly, though my wife holds to it, at least more than I do, but I have seen some pretty interesting things in it. But I do hold to the possibility, particularly as more evidence in this technological age, finding something in the Bible that could only be found through the use of today's technology.

I don't know that I believe in all the things they say are in there, that seem to verify specific names and events, though I notice none of them are used to predict anything, but to find after the fact: thus no one believes it can be used to predict the future, so there's no idea of a secret prophecy method, just verification.

That's interesting because we've done a bit of study into it, and from what we have seenm it doesn't work in other large books, or at loeast, with nowhere near the hits and specifics. Specifically, War and Peace and Moby Dick were two examples where it doesn't work at all.

It also really works better with the Hebrew, but I have seen where it works with the KJV and not with other versions.

I have been a bit of a skeptic of it, honestly, though my wife holds to it, at least more than I do, but I have seen some pretty interesting things in it. But I do hold to the possibility, particularly as more evidence in this technological age, finding something in the Bible that could only be found through the use of today's technology.

I don't know that I believe in all the things they say are in there, that seem to verify specific names and events, though I notice none of them are used to predict anything, but to find after the fact: thus no one believes it can be used to predict the future, so there's no idea of a secret prophecy method, just verification.

One thing the program pointed out was there is no one set means of "code searching". One can change the search criteria and get more or less "hits" from the Bible or any other large volume. They showed some side by side comparrisons using different code searches which clearly showed how different the outcomes could be from the Bible and other books.

God gave us the Word so His people could know Him and what He wants us to know. The only thing necessary for such understanding is for one to be born again and relying upon the teaching of the Holy Ghost to open the Word to them.

I don't understand why people look for secret codes to expose when the Lord God of the universe has already revealed everything he feels that is important for us to know in his Word. It just baffles me, why people would think that an infinite and all knowing God (who understands we are limited, failed and finite people) would for some dastardly reason give us the Bible to in some way be frustrated and have to figure out secret codes. I prefer to believe that God is smart enough to know we need his truth in an understandable way, and that he has given us that truth in his Holy Word.

Chasing secret codes and "far out meanings" from the Bible just seems to be a colossal waste of time and energy when we just need to study his Word, believe it and put it into action. Putting it into action is the big kicker, and generally why people are looking for a different and secret meaning. We just don't want to do some of those things that are hard, thus looking for a different meaning so we can still feel we are following God's revealed Word, when in fact its right there in front of us to know, believe and do.