• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Stem cells restore hearing, vision inanimal

• Members

Stem cells restore hearing, vision in anima

WASHINGTON (Reuters) ? Stem cells from tiny embryos can be used to restore lost hearing and vision in animals, researchers said Tuesday in what they believe is a first step toward helping people.
One team repaired hearing in guinea pigs using human bone marrow stem cells, while another grew functioning eyes in tadpoles using frog cells.
While there are no immediate uses for humans, they said their findings help describe some of the most basic biological processes underlying the development of hearing and sight, and may help in the development of the new field of regenerative medicine. ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081119/ts_nm/us_stemcells

I wondering about this. It says they used human bone marrow, does that mean they used adult's bone marrow stem cells? Or did they used late abortions for their research. I'm not sure if embryos can live past to develop bones without the uterus. Or do they have bone stem cells from the beginning.

My mom supported embryos stem cells, she sort of got mad at me when I told her if they ever developed a cure for deafness using embryos, I wouldn't use it.

• Members

Here's how the agenda and the propaganda works.

Liberals want to claim abortion is moral. If it can be proven that embryonic stems cell will save lives, then Liberals can then claim that a "greater good" is accomplished in allowing abortions because some of the (murdered) babies will have saved lives.

...but...

Embryonic stem cells are highly untrustworthy. They produce unpredictable results, and often leave the subject worse off than before, because they have a tendency to form into tumors more than anything useful.

...however...

Adult stem cells are very useful, and save lives.

...so...

Liberals will claim embryonic stem cells will do what adult stem cells are actually doing, and hope nobody notices the "bait and switch".

Take the article in question. The first paragraph states...

"Stem cells from tiny embryos can be used to restore lost hearing and vision in animals..."

...yet nowhere in the rest of the story do they back up the claim that it is embryonic stems cells that are being used. The stem cells used to restore hearing are specifically noted as from bone marrow (adult stem cells). The stem cells that supposedly heal blindness have an undisclosed source, but are transplanted INTO embryos, which means it's highly doubtful they'd be of any use to adults. It doesn't prove much that stem cells placed in an embryo, develop into various tissue, since that's what stem cells in embryos do anyway. It's getting them to do that in adults that's the big problem.

The story is another propaganda piece, twisting the facts to rationalize the horrific murder of innocent babies.