Online Baptist Community

First Unread Message

Oldtimer

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Is there a way to get this on page one of replies in a thread. It appears on page 2+, when returning to a thread to read new posts. Have to scroll down page 1 to find what's been posted since my last visit to the thread.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that I don't see the "first unread post" link on the first page of a thread. Just double checked by going into a forum that with a thread that has 10 replies. I had not read the last post. Yet, didn't see a link at the top of the page to go directly to it. Had to scroll down the page to reach the last reply. The link appears, on page #2 when the number of replies goes to a second page and on additional pages, if the replies continue.

Maybe it's in my settings?? If so, is there something that I should change?

Again, thanks in advance.

The "first unread post" button won't appear if you have already been in that thread and no posts have been made since then.

I have problems with clicking on the button and it sometimes sending me to the last post made, not the first unread post.

Thanks for confirming. Didn't know if it was just something dealing with my setttings, software, etc.

Doubled checked to make sure I hadn't already looked at a thread. Thus no new posts for me to read.

Can't get the "go to first unread" to appear on page 1 of a thread, even though at the forum level the thread is highlighted to indicate unread posts. Appears to work fine as soon as enough replies are made to generate an additional page or pages.

• 2 months later...

Any more progress on resolving this?

Still don't have the ability to go directly to the first unread post, if the first unread post is on the first page of a thread. Once a second page is generated, this function appears to work just fine.

Archived