• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ohio Man Kills Wife, Daughter At Cracker Barrel

• Members

There was a case here, a week or two ago, when a woman and her daughter ere jailed for killing the husband/father, kept the money from the sale of his house and kept cashing his pension.

• Members

My one nephew who is a cop in Roanoke, Va went to a call where a deputy went into a store a shot his ex-wife right in front of the kids. He actually drove the patrol car there to do it. There was a high speed chase afterwards and they shot the deputy though he survived.

• Members

With all the false teachings and beliefs regarding death and the afterlife, many of these people actually think if they kill their family and themselves they will all somehow be together in their idea of heaven or paradise and "live" happily ever after.

While many try to deny it, those who live in America today are in as much need of having the Gospel taken to them as anyone in any other nation. Sad to say, but in a nation flooded with Bibles, churches, TV and radio ministries and millions of professing Christians, there are yet millions in America who have never read from a Bible, never heard the Gospel, and are as far from the Lord as any heathen in deepest Africa or India.

• Members

America faces the problem of having so many who think they are Christians and they become defensive and angry when someone tries to present the Gospel to them.

America also faces the problem of there being so many professing Christians who witness a false gospel of "just say a prayer and you'll go to heaven".

I really have to question the reasoning many preachers have as to why America will fall when they claim it will be because so many million Americans will be raptured. Some preachers declare that half or more of all Americans will be raptured away leaving America with a depleted population of wicked people.

Just because polls say that 70% or more of Americans call themselves Christians doesn't mean that anywhere near that percentage are actually born again in Christ.

What about in your own area of America, are between 50% and 90% actually born again Christians?

Americans like to think of themselves as religious and claim to believe in God, or a god, but they deny the power of God and His Son. America's Burger King Christianity won't save them.

• Members

Of course we won't know for sure until we get to heaven....

Many "professing" Christians are just that, in that they want to sound like they are good all the while not living or driving to live right and many acting just like the world. IMHO, for many, professing to be a Christian makes them feel good, but won't they be surprised.

• Members

America faces the problem of having so many who think they are Christians and they become defensive and angry when someone tries to present the Gospel to them.

America also faces the problem of there being so many professing Christians who witness a false gospel of "just say a prayer and you'll go to heaven".

I really have to question the reasoning many preachers have as to why America will fall when they claim it will be because so many million Americans will be raptured. Some preachers declare that half or more of all Americans will be raptured away leaving America with a depleted population of wicked people.

Just because polls say that 70% or more of Americans call themselves Christians doesn't mean that anywhere near that percentage are actually born again in Christ.

What about in your own area of America, are between 50% and 90% actually born again Christians?

Americans like to think of themselves as religious and claim to believe in God, or a god, but they deny the power of God and His Son. America's Burger King Christianity won't save them.

John, In my 65 years of living, I've noticed that for the most part, an unsaved people can be easier to talk to outside of church than someone that says they're saved, in that the unsaved person want get all defensive, & cut you to pieces as some that claims to be saved that disagree with your Bible beliefs.

As for numbers that may be rapture in America on that great day, I think it may be as low as 20%, maybe even lower, of those that claim to profess Christ.

No fear, if this country is still standing at that time, there will be plenty left behind to carry on a usual.

• Members

John, In my 65 years of living, I've noticed that for the most part, an unsaved people can be easier to talk to outside of church than someone that says they're saved, in that the unsaved person want get all defensive, & cut you to pieces as some that claims to be saved that disagree with your Bible beliefs.

As for numbers that may be rapture in America on that great day, I think it may be as low as 20%, maybe even lower, of those that claim to profess Christ.

No fear, if this country is still standing at that time, there will be plenty left behind to carry on a usual.

That has been my experience as well. I've seen far more Catholics come to Christ through witnessing than I have of those who already profess to be saved and often attend some "Christian" church.