• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Shame For A Woman To Speak In Church.

• Members

At my church on wed night is Bible study and we do it in the sanctuary, small church no other room but downstairs. Anyway, we use study guides with questions and the pastor goes thru it and if I want to answer the question or ask a question I raise my hand and he calls my name to respond. Is this permissible since he says my name expecting a response?

I have no problem with it.

• Members

At my church on wed night is Bible study and we do it in the sanctuary, small church no other room but downstairs. Anyway, we use study guides with questions and the pastor goes thru it and if I want to answer the question or ask a question I raise my hand and he calls my name to respond. Is this permissible since he says my name expecting a response?

Yes, such is permissible. A Bible study and a church service are two different things.

It's also clear from how you describe the Bible study, your pastor has established it in an orderly manner for growth in the Word.

Bible study time with directed questions are not a problem with me. Also, Prayer requests when requested are o.k. with me. Edited the last post to remove prayer request...oops.