• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Vanilla shortage could mean pricey ice cream and more

• Members

Gas and ice cream are already too expensive. Last month I decided to treat the family to whatever they wanted at Dairy Queen and was amazed at what it cost for the three of us!

We have a little place called "Dairy Delite", its better than Dairy Queen, and we can usually get all 6 of us something nice for like $11. Well its more expensive than it was when I was little, but still reasonable for today!

• Members

You will have to go for strawberry Ice cream instead, Or my favourite, Pistachio, instread, but that is much dearer than vanilla anyway, Our local Ice cream shop, Sundae Sundae, did Brussels sprout ice cream last year, and a few years ago we had a garlic festival with garlic ice cream, so you don't have to rely on vanilla.

• Members

We have a little place called "Dairy Delite", its better than Dairy Queen, and we can usually get all 6 of us something nice for like $11. Well its more expensive than it was when I was little, but still reasonable for today!

There was a nice family owned ice cream place near here that was decent priced and had the best ice cream around. Then the government stepped in and said their well water wasn't good enough to be used for the business, though that's what had been used there for years. It would have been too expensive for this family to redo everything to city water so they closed down. Very sad about that.

Funny thing is, the lab they send samples to around here isn't reliable. If you send them a sample saying you live in town and have a wooden deck on the well they will always send back a negative report. If you send the same sample saying you live in the country and have a brick deck on the well, it always comes back a positive report.

• Members

Gas and ice cream are already too expensive. Last month I decided to treat the family to whatever they wanted at Dairy Queen and was amazed at what it cost for the three of us!

:lol:

So, you will be a bit more careful in the future?

Home made is expensive.

So is Blue Bell, $4.00 + for a half gallon, & I love Blue Bell Coffee ice cream!