• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

my life verses

• Members

I change "life verses", like I change my socks, so-to-speak. Never really could pin-point the one verse, or set of verses that says it all; because everytime I think I got it, another one comes along and captures my interest. That's the way the bible is I supose, ever changing and renewing itself, never becoming dull, or uninteresting, new and fresh everytime its used; yet still staying on-point, stedy, strong, and reliable. If I ever get into trouble it is always there to point me back in the right direction, so I can continue my walk in-Christ.

a good work in you WILL PREFORM IT until the day of Jesus Christ for it is God WHICH WORKETH IN YOU both to WILL and to DO of his good pleasure

he which hath begun

these our my new life versus; taken out of context: Phil.1:6;2:13

Doc Flay in the Fear of the Lord

• Members

Since I've returned to active fellowship with His church I have a set of "life" verses that work hand in hand. Along with the Holy Spirit, these are bringing the rest of the scriptures to life, in ways I've never known them before.

Proverbs 2:3-6 (KJV)

3Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Sometimes, as I apply other verses to my life, with new awareness, the thought crosses my mind to change "life verses", But, I keep coming right back to this set. So, it isn't likely, at least for now in my walk of faith, that I'll change them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I find it very difficult to say this is my favorite and the same with having life verses. I do of course have both, favorites and life verses. But, as I daily mature and grow and as I go through life at times those verses are different. Having said that, these verses stay pretty consistantly in both catagories as I have a desire that the Word work this in me...

Psalms 19:7-11 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

O Lord, Let Your perfection convert my soul, in Your surety make me wise with simplicity; Let Your rightness cause my heart to rejoice, with Your purity enlighten mine eyes;
let me fear You that my heart might be clean and endure forever in You. For You only are true and righteous. Oh! That I would desire You! Let Your law, Your testimony,
Your statutes, and Your commandments abide within my heart that I might be warned and keep them and abide in You!

Something like that.

Have a wonderful day all.
David