• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pro. 4:15

• Members

Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. Pro. 4:15

This verse almost seems to be a formula, if you will, for dealing with temptation.

Say for instance the temptation was drinking...

step 1. avoid it: Don't go to places that sell alcoholic beverages, bars, night clubs, and so-on.
what if you go to the store to buy groceries, they sell alcohol there?

step 2. pass not by it: Don't go down the beer and wine ailes.
what if what you are looking for, is in the same aile?

step 3. Turn from it: get what you have to get, and get out of that aile.
what if you go to the check out, and its right behind the counter.

step 4. pass away: make your purchase and leave the store.

• Members

Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. Pro. 4:15

This verse almost seems to be a formula, if you will, for dealing with temptation.

Say for instance the temptation was drinking...

step 1. avoid it: Don't go to places that sell alcoholic beverages, bars, night clubs, and so-on.
what if you go to the store to buy groceries, they sell alcohol there?
step 2. pass not by it: Don't go down the beer and wine ailes.
what if what you are looking for, is in the same aile?

step 3. Turn from it: get what you have to get, and get out of that aile.
what if you go to the check out, and its right behind the counter.

step 4. pass away: make your purchase and leave the store.

I don't know any grocery store, small or large, which doesn't sell alcohol. Edited by Invicta

• Members

many have "passed away" from NOT refraining from them! I agree though, when you are tempted do not flirt with it, the devil will win out nearly every time over the flesh.

I usually eat at fast food places, no liquor there (yet) that is, if I do go out to eat. So far the Pondersoa steak house does not sell liquor either, nor the Bonanza, whatever is in your area. There are still a few restaurants that don't sell that slop, but they are getting to be far and few between. The music in most of them is quite annoying though! I sure will be glad when are rid of this old world, and dwell in the perfection of Heaven. Think of it--no drugs; no child molesters; no crime of any kind, and no ill feelings toward our neighbors! No POLITICS; no locked doors, or sleeping with guns, What a blessed place that will be! I am excited about going, and it may be soon for me! (although a little scary, I suppose!)

• Members

Yes, a new heaven and new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness! Eye hath not seen nor hear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man the things that God has prepared for them that love him! OH, YEA! and everlasting life! The world looks for immortality and we have it IN-CHRIST!

Edited by Doc Flay

• Moderators

No alcohol in grocery stores or convenience stores here in Pennsylvania.

In Alberta for years liquor had to be sold in separate buildings, and I never saw alcohol in the grocery stores until just this past year or so. I did a double take - couldn't believe it was actually there. Still can't find where the law changed, so maybe I was seeing things...