• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Guest Joshua Berndt

Guest Joshua Berndt

Hello. I am new to this board. I found it while doing a Google search for Baptists message boards. I was saved at the age of about 3 1/2. I am interested in Biblical archaeology and somewhat in secular archaeology. My Grandpa is saved but turned away from God and has become a claiming atheist so I have been exposed to many supposed contradictions and "problem passages" in Scripture. I have discovered or learned the answer to many of these so feel free to ask me sometime. I would like to create a topic on these subjects if they don't already exist. I KNOW there are no errors or contradictions in scripture.

I believe I will enjoy the fellowship here. Thansk. <I guess that's Russian for Thanks. :huh:>

I don't know Russian so, it must be. Welcome to the board.

I would welcome the discussion you have in mind. Form it up and ask away. I agree there are NO contradictions in scripture.

Guest Joshua Berndt

Thank you all. I appreciate it. I really look forward to being here. See, we are without a local Church to attend. We left our previous Church and cannot seem to find one that we feel God wants us to attend. Most of them are Baptist in name only or if they are, they have big doctrinal error or are too worldly, etc. So I haven't been regularly to a Church for about a year and a half. I didn't want to leave until He replaced it with another, but was convicted through scripture to leave, regardless. Once I did, I grew even more, spiritually, and was happy and confident of obedience. I know it goes against what we might think, but there are conditions where I believe we are to leave immediately. So I am praying for fellowship here with the Saints.

Thanks again.

• Members

Hello. Nice to meet you. I too have had trouble finding a church. I left an IFB church that I believed had the doctrine correct, but I felt were "whited sepulchres." Now I am in an Independant Baptist church that is very worldly, but very loving. That almost looks wrong writing it. Can a church be loving if they are worldly? Anyway, go where God leads. I will pray that you will find a church home with God's blessing.
God Bless,
Rob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joshua Berndt

Sorry Rob, I don't think I ever got a notification that anyone commented after me the last time. I now have the notifications set to Immediately. What sort of worldliness are you talking about in this Church?

• Members

There is no perfect church on this earth, its made up of fallen men, saved by the grace of God, sad to say, we all let that old man come to the surface once in a while.

Hopefully in each New Testament church each of us has a different weakness, & different strengths, therefore we are able to help one another, & much more as we see that day coming.

Heb 10:1 ¶ For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 ¶ Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 ¶ Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

As the old pastor went visiting a member that had not been to church in a long while. The member invited him in on that cold day, the fire place had a big fire built, blazing away. They did not say many words, mostly set watching the fire burn. During this time the old pastor took the poker, pulled a blazing ember away from the fire, it slowly stopped burning, turning black, them with the poker he pushed it back into the fire, soon it was burning once again.

Soon he got up to leave, at the front door the man of the house told him, "Pastor, I got your message, when the Christian is out of church his fire burns out, & he stops living for Christ, but if he will get back in church, his fire will come back, & he once again will live for Christ.

And that is a great truth, & that was a very smart old pastor, Christ died for His church, why would we want to leave it out of our life. There is no good reason to, but many good reason why we who are saved, should be in church. Walking alone we are weak, yet walking with our church family we can be strong.

Prayers for God's help.

Edited by Jerry80871852

Guest Joshua Berndt

Jerry, I am sorry that again, I did not seem to get a notice that you replied the preceding post to the post I am now posting. You are correct that Christians should be in Church, but not in all circumstances. When a Church exhibits specific sins given as an example in I Corinthians, etc., there are times when we are to leave and have no fellowship with them. Christians should then attempt to find a church that is of like precious faith. That is what we have done. But in our area, we cannot find a church we feel we should attend. We have not fizzled out either. We did not leave for sinful reasons and God has kept us "burning" as it were. I grew, spiritually, after I left. Mine is not an attitude of: "You're cramping my style so I am out of here!" Many left the church. See, I don't WANT to be outside of fellowship, but obeying God, I will plan to stay out until He provides a church of His choosing.

• Members

No problem, that can easily happen on a forum.

Them you need to find a good church, that would be willing to take on a mission church, & with their help start a church where you live, or return to a place you can attend church services.

Your not doing your family no good living in a place that there is no suitable church to attend, in fact, you doing them harm, & the man is the spiritual leader, there is no substitute for attending church services in one of Jesus' Churches.

Just maybe your their for a reason, & its been found.

• 2 weeks later...