• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is Easter ??

I find what Sam Gipp has to say very interesting. Any thoughts? Please only respond if you have read the entire thing and really took time to think about it.

This is the same thing I was taught in the 80's at TBC in VaBch Va. I agree with it completely. I can't preach this to my lost family, they would never understand what the Spirit reveals...they're lost. So, I take every opportunity at the family gathering to witness to them about Jesus Christ.

• Members

Adding a question to go along with the OP.

Did you pause today, remember, and acknowledge to the Father what His Son did for you 2,000 years ago on this day? Ask for guidance to help bring others into awareness of what He did for you, He can do for them?

Of the same 200 in the OP, wonder how many of them did the same?

• Members

This is the same thing I was taught in the 80's at TBC in VaBch Va. I agree with it completely. I can't preach this to my lost family, they would never understand what the Spirit reveals...they're lost. So, I take every opportunity at the family gathering to witness to them about Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately my extended family will no longer listen to what I have to say so I now keep quiet on the matter unless someone happens to bring something up...exceedingly rare. I let my continued walk with Christ be a witness and pray the Lord to open their hearts and minds as well as to send that someone to them the Holy Ghost may use to bring them to salvation in Christ.

• Members

I celebrate Resurrection Sunday, not Easter. Easter is most definitely a Pagan holiday that no Christian should be celebrating. Easter is on the calendar based on the moon. Resurrection Sunday is the Sunday after passover begins. This year, it happens to be on the same day. Doesn't always work that way.

• Members

Easter is a pagan holiday about a bunny & colored eggs, & has nothing whatsoever to do with Christ & His resurrection. Why any true Christian would celbrate Resurrection Day, Passover, & call it Easter, is beyond me.

Why any Christian would give their children colored eggs, a basket, & hide these eggs saying it has something to do with Christ is beyond me.

Some do it out of ignorance, yet what is sad, is those who have heard & know the origins of Easter, & still combine it with worshiping the risen Savior, & even bring it into worshiping services..

There is nothing mystical about our Savior, bunny rabbits bringing colored eggs to children calling it Easter is mystical, its a infidel, heathen practice, our "Precious Savior" is a deity, fully a deity, born of a virgin, wrapping mystical, infidel, & heathen practice along with "Precious Jesus" you come up with only lies, & untruths. Jesus tells us that they who worship Him, must worship Him in truth & spirit.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And He has told us what He thinks about those that worship Him using doctrine of men.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mr 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

In vain do they worship Me.

Yes, bunny rabbits, like Santa Claus, are not of God, & its probably true, the false teaching Roman Catholic Church, RCC, is probably the one that brought Easter & worshiping God together. We should follow the truth, leaving traditions of men out of our teachings & worship. Surely you do not want to worship in vain, nor lead others into false teachings. That is after you have been exposed to the truth.

I want argue with no one about it, for you will use every excuse you can come up with in order to try to make it a great thing, while there is no way that you can mix untruths with truths coming up with anything good.

• Members

Easter is a pagan holiday about a bunny & colored eggs, & has nothing whatsoever to do with Christ & His resurrection. Why any true Christian would celbrate Resurrection Day, Passover, & call it Easter, is beyond me.

Why any Christian would give their children colored eggs, a basket, & hide these eggs saying it has something to do with Christ is beyond me.

Some do it out of ignorance, yet what is sad, is those who have heard & know the origins of Easter, & still combine it with worshiping the risen Savior, & even bring it into worshiping services..

There is nothing mystical about our Savior, bunny rabbits bringing colored eggs to children calling it Easter is mystical, its a infidel, heathen practice, our "Precious Savior" is a deity, fully a deity, born of a virgin, wrapping mystical, infidel, & heathen practice along with "Precious Jesus" you come up with only lies, & untruths. Jesus tells us that they who worship Him, must worship Him in truth & spirit.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And He has told us what He thinks about those that worship Him using doctrine of men.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mr 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

In vain do they worship Me.

Yes, bunny rabbits, like Santa Claus, are not of God, & its probably true, the false teaching Roman Catholic Church, RCC, is probably the one that brought Easter & worshiping God together. We should follow the truth, leaving traditions of men out of our teachings & worship. Surely you do not want to worship in vain, nor lead others into false teachings. That is after you have been exposed to the truth.

I want argue with no one about it, for you will use every excuse you can come up with in order to try to make it a great thing, while there is no way that you can mix untruths with truths coming up with anything good.

I agree, Jerry.