• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Gospel.

• Members

Hi, I am going to get right to the point, I want to learn the Gospel so that I can share it with others. The problem I have is when I search for it online I can not seem to find it anywhere. Would anyone be so kind to either link me to a webpage where it is or write it down for me on here?

God Bless you.

• Members

Marc, pick up your King James Bible and start reading, beginning with Matthew 1:1.

There's no better place, with prayers asking the Holy Spirit to lead you, than the scriptures, themselves to learn the Gospels. Supplement this with the desire and dedication to also read the Old Testement. Going to any other source is secondary to the words of God, Himself.

As you read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, use your favorite search engine to look up terms, people, places, etc. to learn more about them. Often sermons are available on line that address specific topics, too. One note of caution.... not everything you read on line is "gospel". There are many false teachers. Compare everything you read to the scriptures, themselves.

This takes time and effort. There is no shortcut that I'm aware of that'll fully replace this. Yes, people can recommend good books and authors. These will help you gain in maturity, as you study. And, there are other study aids, such as a good old dictionary. My favorite is Webster's 1828. http://www.1828-dictionary.com/

Hope some of these thoughts are helpful.

Here is a good place to dig in...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

...and follow up with the each of the four Gospels as mentioned by oldtimer.

• Members

Here's the gospel that we preach. It's the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 15:1-8

[1] Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
[2] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
[3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
[5] And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
[6] After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
[7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
[8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
[9] For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

• Members

Hi, I am going to get right to the point, I want to learn the Gospel so that I can share it with others. The problem I have is when I search for it online I can not seem to find it anywhere. Would anyone be so kind to either link me to a webpage where it is or write it down for me on here?

God Bless you.

Hi Marc, would you share your salvation testimony with us? How did God save you?

• Members

Thank you all, this is wonderful. I can not wait to learn and share his message with the world.

@swathdiver -

I will start by saying this, most of my life I had been an atheist. I often dismissed the idea of there being a God and was quite cold to those who tried to convince me otherwise. I was in the city running a few errands and I had just stopped for a coffee. As it was a nice day I sat outside and then someone began preaching. As always I tried to ignore what was being said. I sat there and a voice appeared in my head that said, you are ready, go forward. I didn't understand why but I finished my coffee and approached the preacher and said I want to welcome God into my life. Again I was confused and did not know what I was saying but somehow it felt right.

As it happened the preacher had been reading from the Book of Mark and had prayed a few minutes before that someone would seek God on that day. It felt right and I was actually baptised on the same day. Once I had been baptised I felt an incredible warmth and tingling running through my body.

I'm actually going to go on a bit here to last week which was about a month after my baptism. By this point the Lord had already taught me so much and I was easily quoting multiple scriptures and knew the name of every book of the KJV Bible without actually looking at it. So there I was reading a few chapters from my favourite book (Romans) and all of a sudden the same warmth that I had felt at my baptism returned but about 10x stronger. I just suddenly felt at peace and incredibly happy.

I actually had another dream last night, I was back in the country where I grew up and I was walking up a hill, when I reached the top the same voice I heard in my first dream came to me again. The difference was it came through a burning bush and I probably know what most of you are thinking right now. The message this time was that most have sinned and strayed off path but that it was important to share his message and help others find the path of righteousness before it become too late. It was over quite quickly as the voice said quite loudly arise and I woke up.

Again I know a lot of people on these forums will attempt to debunk the dream/message and before you ask no I had not been reading exodus. I had not read Exodus for about 2 weeks now. All I am saying is this is what I saw and that is what I heard.

• Members

Thank you for sharing your testimony. What church are you now a member of?

Please take caution and not rely on your emotions to convey the Word of God. The Scriptures say our hearts are wicked and deceitful, doctrine states that our primary focus is to our spirit, then soul and finally our body.

• Members

Marc, If I might add, that reading gospel tracts may be a helpful way to learn. They also help in presentation. Most all churches provide a rack for gospel tracts in the front foyer, and/or lobby. Perhaps you could ask a member of the church, or your Pastor to help you in choosing the right tracts. Also, if your church provides a soulwinning program, such as a bus ministry, or visitation (door knocking) that you could get involved in; this way you could team up with someone, and learn how to present the gospel from a seasoned soulwinner.

My favorite tracts are:

God's Simple Plan of Salvation
Four Spiritual Laws
and anything from Chick Publications

I learned how to present the gospel with these tracts, and found them very helful.

God bless you in your walk with him, and in the calling he has given you to be a soulwinner!

• Members

Mark, praise the Lord you desire to tell others about Jesus! Just remember that you lead people to Christ not to a prayer. Be wary of gospel tracts that tell the sinner to repeat a prayer in order to be saved. A good gospel presentation does not require that anyone pray a prayer.

God bless,
Calvary