• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

what is the green number?

• Members

Hi, I hope this is the correct place to post this. I have been noticing on the forum that under the persons name there is a green box with a number in it. Mine is currently at 1 but I have seen others a lot higher. What exactly is this and what does it mean?

• Moderators

You see by the bottom of each post where there is a 'like this' button? Every 'like' you get gives you a green point. I personally try to use it only when I strongly agree with a post, or think it is extremely well written, rather than just 'liking' anything that makes me laugh - feels more important that way. ;)

• Members

You see by the bottom of each post where there is a 'like this' button? Every 'like' you get gives you a green point. I personally try to use it only when I strongly agree with a post, or think it is extremely well written, rather than just 'liking' anything that makes me laugh - feels more important that way. ;)

Me too. :)

• Members

Same here as well.

Personally, I think it loses it's meaning, if it's used in a casual manner, as in I like chocolate cake. The subject matter of this forum is far too important to use the "like button" as we would in a social or secular setting.

• Administrators

I'm glad that we do not have the problem here of it being abused. I am glad that you brought it up, now that I think of it, there are a couple of forums that maybe it should be disabled on.

BTW: I like chocolate cake :)

• Members

I think the like button is a great thing. I use it many times when I find a post that I really like but yet don't really have a comment to make on the topic. It keeps me from making reply's that only say, 'Amen.'

Of course, as its always been said, you can't please everyone.

Oh, I'll take Chocolate pie, yet Chocolate cake will do if there's no Chocolate pie.