Online Baptist

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our pastor is originally from Chicago and he's a Cub's fan. He says being a Cubs fan helps him learn patience! :icon_smile:

Being a Cubs fan takes A LOT of patience......a little faith also helps.

Loshe looked good on the mound! The team did well!!

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I'm a Cubs fan and am already saying (again) "wait til next year" and this season hasn't even started.

Our pastor is originally from Chicago and he's a Cub's fan. He says being a Cubs fan helps him learn patience! :icon_smile:

It will be different without Tony LaRussa, Albert and Dave Duncan, but the Cardinals can do it!!!

Well, their roster is now set and the season begins next week! I think they have three players that will start the season on the 15 day disabled list. Hopefully after that the Cardinals players will have a healthy season.

I feel your pain. As a Boston fan I took a lot of abuse until 2004. :)

I think there are many in Chicago that think that Mr. Epstein will turn things around quickly, but I''m a realist....it'll take a while with this organization.
  • Administrators

One of the reasons Epstein did a good job in Boston is he almost had a unlimited checking account to sign players. I think he made more bad choices than he did good ones. The new GM for Boston is stuck with some guys with bad contracts. I'm with you though, it will take a while.

One of the reasons Epstein did a good job in Boston is he almost had a unlimited checking account to sign players. I think he made more bad choices than he did good ones. The new GM for Boston is stuck with some guys with bad contracts. I'm with you though, it will take a while.

Chicago has also had a ton of bad contracts, bad characters.....slowly getting rid of both. Having freedom with $$ (and being smart with it) would go a long way.

Yes, Loshe did look good! Hope he can keep it up. When Chris Carpenter comes back, the Cardinals will have a very strong pitching staff! I read that sports writers do not think that the Cardinals will make the playoffs this year. They will be fine!!

Yes, Loshe did look good! Hope he can keep it up. When Chris Carpenter comes back, the Cardinals will have a very strong pitching staff! I read that sports writers do not think that the Cardinals will make the playoffs this year. They will be fine!!

They didn't think the Cardinals would make the playoffs last year either!

They may have sealed their fate when they let Ryan Ludwig go! :biggrin:

Sure.... he was key last season. The Pirates tanked it after we made those trades for him and Lee. I think it's all about the pitching for them.
  • 3 weeks later...

After a bad time in Chi town it looks like the Cardinals have picked their game back up.

A lot of games to go, but at the moment the Cardinals are looking pretty good.

Taking 2 from the Cards just might be the highlight of the season for this Cubs fan, lol.

I almost forgot, beating the White Sox is a must.

Taking 2 from the Cards just might be the highlight of the season for this Cubs fan, lol.

I almost forgot, beating the White Sox is a must.

I know several happy Cubs fans over winning those two games...not to forget the Cubs spoiled the Cardinals home opening game this year too!

Funny thing that earlier in the week several of us were talking and we all know many people from Chicago who are Cubs fans but none of us know of anyone from Chicago who is a White Sox fan!

I know several happy Cubs fans over winning those two games...not to forget the Cubs spoiled the Cardinals home opening game this year too!

Funny thing that earlier in the week several of us were talking and we all know many people from Chicago who are Cubs fans but none of us know of anyone from Chicago who is a White Sox fan!

I think it's much, much easier to find a Cubs fan almost anywhere as opposed to a Sox fan.

My brother used to live in northern Indiana. There were a lot of Sox fans there.

Maybe that's where most of them are! I did see a younger black man and his son today, both wearing White Sox hats so at least two live in the area or were passing through (we were all at a McDonald's in another town).

That Pirates/Cardinals game last night sure had some hits!