• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why should we trust our government

• Members

Or anyone else?

This isn't a government only issue, although the article's slant appears to be in that direction.

For example:
Funding for many of the experiments was provided by United States government, especially the Central Intelligence Agency, United States military and federal or military corporations. The human research programs were usually highly secretive, and in many cases information about them was not released until many years after the studies had been performed.

Yet the very first example given in surgical experiments was in the 1840's. And other individual horror stories follow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the CIA existed when a California doctor, in Hawaii injected lepers (?) with syphillus. (1880's).

This article was written with by someone with an agenda. Listing numerous examples of individual doctors searching for ways to cure illness ....
The 1846 journals of Dr. Walter F. Jones of Petersburg, Virginia describe how he poured boiling water onto the backs of naked slaves afflicted with typhoid pneumonia, at four-hour intervals, because he thought that this might "cure" the disease by "stimulating the capillaries

in the same article that references the CIA shows their bias. At least IMHO.

• Members

The government is filled with and run by the lost serving the devil. From everything I've studied it seems virtually every government has performed similar wicked deeds and worse. Soldiers, prisoners, the sick and even average citizens have all been used in as test subjects.

• Members

The government is filled with and run by the lost serving the devil. From everything I've studied it seems virtually every government has performed similar wicked deeds and worse. Soldiers, prisoners, the sick and even average citizens have all been used in as test subjects.

Amen. They will use whoever is handy, especially those that are helpless, the more I learn the less yesterday years in America were really godly years as many claim.

Yes, many of those experiments were sponsored with our tax money.

• Members

First, I agree that the government is "filled with and run by the lost serving the devil".

Just as many average Joe citizens are and have been over the years.

My arguement with the article is that it included many non-governmental examples to make the case against the government. It's done enough wrong that it doesn't need things taken out of context to make the case against it.

Next, that's a broad paintbrush that implies that all research was evil and/or had evil intent. Many doctors and other researchers over the years were sincerely trying to find answers to help mankind. Their actions have to be viewed in the light and context of the time they were done. Both good and evil. On the side of "good", often what we know today, especially in the medical field, came from men and women (Madame Currie, for example -- she died from her research), who thought they were doing right. It's only 20/20 hindsight that gives us the ability to label their actions to be wrong -- to be a sin. If we'd been alive, in the mid 1800's, for example, would we have had enough knowledge (wisdom, understanding, facts) to make the charges that we do, today, with regards to an individual's (not government per say) efforts to find cures for diseases?

Events in history have to happen in order for us to learn from "history". Whether it's mistakes made by the US government or figures/governments recorded in the Bible. IMHO, the question is do we learn from history? Or, do we go back and pull up negative things from the past (often out of context, as in some of this article) to use them for our own agenda (perhap's satan's agenda) today?

Just some thoughts this morning to ponder.

• Members

No, we don't learn from history, we (people) continue in the way of the world, the flesh and the devil until and unless we are born again in Christ.

Take the eugenics laws and practices in Nazi Germany, and then look to see where they got many of their ideas from, they came from America. In fact, some of their eugenics laws and practices were taken word for word from American sources.

Eugenics was very popular in early 20th century America. There were efforts in many cities and States across America to weed out the less desirables and build up and improve upon the "betters". The founder of Planned Parenthood was one of the biggest movers in this realm, with her plans to sterilize blacks, mentally and physically handicapped and poor white trash. Many experiments were done on these people testing various procedures to try and achieve their goal of limiting the "lessers" and advancing the "betters" in society.

The Nazis did the same thing, only took things to the next step (the step American eugencists were heading to) and after WWII they were denounced as evil and the American eugenics programs were shut down.

Now, if we look into the matter it's coming back once again. They are trying to use different names, but eugenics is growing in popularity once again with the idea of limiting the "lesser" while trying to build up the "better" gene pool. If one reads into the details of the Obamacare plan to ration healthcare, much of it is based upon such factors.

Sure, there have been and still are some ethical research being done, but there has been and will continue to be much done that's not ethical. There is nothing new under the sun and sinful man will continue to try and perfect himself by his own wicked means as he denies God.

• Members

No, we don't learn from history, we (people) continue in the way of the world, the flesh and the devil until and unless we are born again in Christ.

snip...

Sure, there have been and still are some ethical research being done, but there has been and will continue to be much done that's not ethical. There is nothing new under the sun and sinful man will continue to try and perfect himself by his own wicked means as he denies God.

I can't argue with you on that. Not with all that's going on around us. FWIW, I've read some of the history of the sources for Hitler's "programs". Until then, I didn't have a clue as to origins of those sources. (Sigh)

It's not only eugenics embedded in Obamacare, It's also in the agenda of some promoting "green" and "save the earth" by reducing the world's population by increasingly outspoken methods. Fifty years ago, the average person would have been enraged with even a hint of accepting eugenics. Now, forms of it are not only frankly and openly discussed, there's little resistance to those discussions from what I can see. Assisted suicide, partial birth abortions, productive life weighed against the cost of medical care... the list can go on. Increasingly human life is having a dollar value placed on it. Slowly but surely, we (society) are being conditioned to accept/condone/approve ie tolerate, as long as it doesn't personally affect us as individuals. It's now OK to pull the plug on someone else's grandma or grandchild who doesn't measure up to society/government's "acceptable" standards.

FWIW, I often wonder how many more times the Lord is going to allow history to repeat itself.

John, do you ever have the urge to grab someone by the shoulders, give them a good shake, then yell at them to WAKE UP!! ? Wake up today, as with tomorrow's sunrise, the opportunity to wake up may be history, too. Will the upcoming Resurrection Sunday sunrise services be the last ones that we'll attend on this earth? If we last another week, that is................ Edited by Oldtimer

• Members

Yes, I've often wanted to just yell WAKE UP but it seems some people just won't no matter what. Some folks are just much more comfortable accepting the lies and putting on blinders than they are interested in searching for the truth or accepting it.

The Word says that TODAY is the day of salvation. There might not be a tomorrow and everyday folks that have no idea they are anywhere near death die and pass into an eternity hellfire and damnation because of their hard hearts.

• Members

Yes, I know, there's many that hates it when such things are brought up that shows just how sorry, wicked, our country has been, such thing they want to hide out of sight & out of mind. Our country has been wicked, & abused many humans, usually the poor & those that can't help them self.

The Bible is 100& correct.

Ps 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
Ps 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Ro 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Ro 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Ro 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Ro 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Ro 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Ro 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Ro 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Ro 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Ro 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

That goes for this nation, & its citizens.

• Members

I can't argue with you on that. Not with all that's going on around us. FWIW, I've read some of the history of the sources for Hitler's "programs". Until then, I didn't have a clue as to origins of those sources. (Sigh)

It's not only eugenics embedded in Obamacare, It's also in the agenda of some promoting "green" and "save the earth" by reducing the world's population by increasingly outspoken methods. Fifty years ago, the average person would have been enraged with even a hint of accepting eugenics. Now, forms of it are not only frankly and openly discussed, there's little resistance to those discussions from what I can see. Assisted suicide, partial birth abortions, productive life weighed against the cost of medical care... the list can go on. Increasingly human life is having a dollar value placed on it. Slowly but surely, we (society) are being conditioned to accept/condone/approve ie tolerate, as long as it doesn't personally affect us as individuals. It's now OK to pull the plug on someone else's grandma or grandchild who doesn't measure up to society/government's "acceptable" standards.

FWIW, I often wonder how many more times the Lord is going to allow history to repeat itself.

John, do you ever have the urge to grab someone by the shoulders, give them a good shake, then yell at them to WAKE UP!! ? Wake up today, as with tomorrow's sunrise, the opportunity to wake up may be history, too. Will the upcoming Resurrection Sunday sunrise services be the last ones that we'll attend on this earth? If we last another week, that is................

I'm not John, but I have to say yes.

Its quite amazing at the number of people that will chose to believe a lie just as the man of God did in 1 Kings 13.