• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

the History Channel is not an authority on the gospel

• Members

the word Rapture does not even appear in the bible according to the History channel...

This is what a neighbor of mine, a couple of months ago, informed me of; as he was carrying the trash to the dumpster.
I informed him that the History Chanel, is not an authority on the word of God; neither does it understand what the gospel is all about. The History Channel is of this world, and it probable doesn't even believe in God. The History Channel in my opinion is a promoter of evolution, which is atheistic in it's core.
This fellow believed the History Channel was the truth above the word of God, and couldn't be convened otherwise, even after giving him scripture, after scripture, to refute the false findings of the History Channel. He was convinced that the History Channel was right, and the bible was probable a collection of manuscripts, with flaws an inaccuracies. In his mind the bible was unreliable, and therefore had no authority, to him that is.

• Members

No doubt the History Channel isn't an authority on the Gospel or the Bible. They are not even an authority on history!

The History Channel is run by liberals and the ungodly. They put forth all sorts of programs about how God might be an alien from another world, the Bible is a collection of myths stolen from other cultures, most of the stories in the Bible are about encounters with extraterestrials, etc.

One should rely upon the History Channel for nothing. I've noticed MANY errors in their programs on WWI, WWII, American Civil War, Revolutionary War, ancient history and most especially anything dealing with the Bible.

Edited by John81

• Members

I'm sad to say that It took me a while to realize these channels are just as worldly as the news media. They are modern day Horts, Westcotts, and Darwins, promoting their secular views. Views that often challenge the very existance of God, done with as much guile as the serpent in the garden.

• Members

I'm sad to say that It took me a while to realize these channels are just as worldly as the news media. They are modern day Horts, Westcotts, and Darwins, promoting their secular views. Views that often challenge the very existance of God, done with as much guile as the serpent in the garden.

That's true. Every program they feature which has anything at all to do with the Bible or Christianity begins with the idea the Bible is not factual, God is not real, Christians are just another of many religions.

Their programs often use the phrase, "the Bible claims" and they do so in a manner that makes it clear the "claim" is to be viewed as false. They go out of their way to explain away miracles and other things attributed to God by giving some very weak presentation of how some human action may have been used or going to the extreme and claiming all miracles were done by advanced space aliens visiting earth.

The History Channel is very secular and very liberal oriented. Even their programs on other aspects of history are filled with error and outright lies.

One ironic thing is that they allow so many falsehoods and twists to promote their liberal viewpoints that on topics where they air a lot of programs, sometimes the programs will contradict themselves simply because each program was designed to lead one to a different specific (wrong) conclusion.

• Members

Yes, there is little reason to even turn on a TV set for anything more than background NOISE because that's about the extent of it. Tomorrow I'll be watching the final four game between Ohio State and Kansas. You can be certain the world will stick their share of time in commercials for beer, vacations in Las Vegas, and a myriad of other items sold to the drum beat of one of Satan's favorite tools...SEX.

Oh, Go Buckeyes!

• Members

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get rid of the hellavision for twelve years. The other day however, I resolved to delete all recordings (never watch live tv anymore) that were for entertainment purposes and cancel all recordings whether they were for entertainment or information/news to set the example in my home. That means, however it may be, no more sitting in front of the tube with the family watching the hellavision. Family devotions are suffering as well as learning and doing craft type skills and hobbies in its place.

• Members

Vicar of Christ or Pope doens't appear in the bible either yet they don't seem to have a problem with this.

I put up a post a while back where The History Channel had a 2 hr special on finding the Ark of the Covenant. It turned out according to their expert that the ark was a wooden bowl located in Zimbabwe and the lost tribes of Israel were a black tribe located in that country. Two hrs wasted watching this rubbish.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

I put up a post a while back where The History Channel had a 2 hr special on finding the Ark of the Covenant. It turned out according to their expert that the ark was a wooden bowl located in Zimbabwe and the lost tribes of Israel were a black tribe located in that country. Two hrs wasted watching this rubbish.

Pretty sure I saw that one too; or at least someone's version of those events about 3-5 years ago.

• Members

Vicar of Christ or Pope doens't appear in the bible either yet they don't seem to have a problem with this.

I saw it, too, and came to the same conclusion.

Our TV is off more and more, here. Often when it's actually on, it's on mute. For example, I turn it on in the morning to get the local news & weather. Then, hit the mute button during devotions. Where I sit, I have to turn to watch TV, so often forget that it's on.

Even the local, and especially the national news, is less and less news and more an more "entertainment" or sensationalism. I could care less who's on "Dancing with the Stars" and all the other such "rubbish (to use your word) that fills most of the a.m. news programs.

FWIW, maybe 10 years ago, or so, we signed up for Dishnetwork, primarily for the How-To programs, some History channnel, Nat Geo, along with all day newscasts. Well..... the good How-To programs evolved into mega bucks flip this house and make a fortune. .... learned the TRUTH about the lack of truth on many of the documentary type programs .... and even Fox News "fair and balanced" isn't the case - ie where's Beck & the Judge..... It only took a couple of looks at "TV preachers" to know they haven't changed from the days of luring my hard working parents out of dollars they couldn't afford to send in....

About the only thing that's holding me back from pulling the plug is a disabled family member who lives with us. She enjoys watching and recording "nature" shows, watching fishing programs, and some sporting events. Programs that aren't available with rabbit ears, in our rural area.

:twocents:

• Members

If you get TCT (The Church Channel) they have a show called Faith in History. It's a fantastic show and I recommend it anyone interested in history from a Christian perspective. You can also go to their webstie and watch it. The one about slavery in the Arab world was fascinating as well as disturbing.

Here's a link:

http://www.tct.tv/demand.php

• Members

Thanks for the link. I spent a few minutes this morning exploring the site and watched a segement on Faith History --- Is the US a Christian nation? --

At this point, I'm not sure where I stand on TCT, itself. When I have more time, I'll watch some of the "on demand", especially what you referenced. Quit watching this morning when the next program was John Hagee.

It's not on Dishnetwork, according to their web site, so it'll have to be via the net. Since most of my on-line time is used for Bible study and visiting sites, such as this one, I'm not sure how much time I can devote to TCT. It all depends.............

Just some random thoughts this a.m. Again, appreciate the link and the opportunity to see if this will be another valuable resource to use in my walk of faith.

Anyone have recommendations on specific programs in addition to "Faith in History"? Pros & Cons on TCT?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently cut my cable down to 12 channels for lack of money and havn't missed it. I find that I am reading more and can acknowledge that there isn't much that miss. I miss my FOX news the most. I have noticed how much the three major networks really push the gay agenda.