• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Look at things through spiritual goggles.

• Members

Hello, Sorry I am unfamiliar with these forums as I only joined yesterday and dont know where else to post this. I just wanted to share something from the Sunday service of the Sunday just gone.

I actually attend two different baptist churches because I travel occasionally between where I currently live and where I grew up (where my parents live). This weekend I was back at my parents so I attended the one back here. This church however does not have a permanent Minister at the moment so the Church has Ministers come in to deliver Sermons.

I wanted to share this weeks service because for the first time since I was saved a month ago, the Minister's choice of Sermon really spoke to me. I spent the entire service sat in awe at what he was saying and thank the Lord that he helped this Minister choose that topic.

The main focus of the sermon was around John 11, where Jesus came to Mary and Martha who believed that they had lost their brother Lazarus. As it happened Lazarus has been "dead" for four days and the Minister said that Jesus did not rush because he was able to see with spiritual goggles and knew that Lazarus was not dead.

Mary and Martha pretty much threw judgement upon Jesus saying if you were here this would not have happened. It was explained this was because most of us see in a physical realm and are not able to open our eyes to the spiritual realm. Lazarus had not died he was there to show the immense power of the Lord and this was a test of faith to all.

I had been told since the beginning that any hardships in our life is not because God hates us, he Loves us but this is a continuing test of our faith and we need to show this faith. In understanding this two quotes I had recently read came into my mind; The first was from Romans 2:1 that says Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

The second quote was also from Romans but this time 2:11 that says God has no partiality. My understanding of this is that no matter what happens we must continue the same level of faith and love for God otherwise we too could face wrath in the day of wrath and revelation.

So that is what I took from the Sermon; that there are no hardships only tests from God and that we must maintain the same level of faith as we have always had. The other being use the scripture to guide life and look at things always in the spiritual realm.

In thinking about it another quote comes to mind "That which is born of the flesh, is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit, is spirit. (John 3:6)

God Bless you all and thank you for reading this!