• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello!

• Members

Hello there,

My name is Marc, I reside in Bristol which is in South-West England, UK. I now consider myself to be an independent baptist, this Church is where I feel most at home. I found God about a month ago now and entered into his Kingdom straight away. I was baptised in water and of the Holy Spirit on February 29th.

I think since that time I have had such an immense experience, my life seems to have become a lot more positive and I feel that God is teaching me so much. I recently learnt the names of the books of the Bible and can now quote quite a few verses. I have to give thanks to God for this as I was previously an atheist for the 21 years of my life. I think that before this point I only really knew that Genesis existed in the Bible but took no interest in it.

I do wish to ask a question though, as I say its only been about a month since I was baptised but recently I have felt the Holy Spirit working through me. I often get an incredible warmth and tingling feeling from the pit of my stomach as well as a sense of immense happiness. It is not only this though, I keep receiving signs through reading my Bible and again when I think about it through the Holy Spirit, that I should be laying down my life to sharing his word. Does this mean that God is calling me to become a Pastor at some point or am I misinterpreting the message?

In going back to why I suddenly switched from being an atheist to becoming a Baptist was again I received a calling. I received a very clear message whilst walking through the town in which I live that said to me "you are ready now is the time" I just sort of listened to this calling, it actually happened as I was passing by a preacher. As it happened that Pastor had been reading the book of Mark and asked the Lord to bring someone forward and it would seem I was the one he called upon.

Anyway that is my story, and that is my question. Thank you for reading it and God Bless you!

• Members

Welcome, No matter what position your in, in this life, you can serve God, You do not have to be a preacher, pastor, or such, every single saved person is sent to be a witness, & to share the Gospel with the lost.

You say you've just been saved for one month, don't get into a big rush on anything, except for studying the Word of God & learning His Word, so that you can truly live a God pleasing life.

• Members

Howdy Marc! It's great to hear how the Lord is working in your life. If you continue to ready, study and grow in the Word, seeking to follow Christ and obey the Word, the Holy Spirit will lead you in the direction He would have you serve.

• Members

Marc,
Great News!
I give the same exhortation to read but, I want to add to that a steady prayer life. Pray before you read and ask God to teach you, for the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth for you. Is the church working with you to help you grow in the Lord? I hope so.