• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who preached this sermom? Looking for the name...

• Members

I am looking for the name of an independent Baptist preacher who preached a sermon a long while back. I don't know where it was preached, or even if it was preached often by a missionary or evangelist. My preacher is looking for this man's name, and I said I'd try to find it for him. The sermon was about a missionary who came in contact with the medicine man of a tribe who challenged him on whose god was greater. He challenged him to walk on a bed of hot coals to see whose god would protect each from harm. He tells how he felt compelled to do so. The medicine man walked across and succeeded with blisters. The preacher walked across and when he was finished had no blisters. The medicine man said that God must have been the true God. The sermon was titled Loving Jesus With You Shoes Off, or something very similar. Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Members

I did a quick search and didn't find anything that appeared to be applicable. Often the exact title of a sermon is needed to locate it, if it's in an on-line database. You may want to try different combinations of keywords, just be prepared to look over a number of sermons to find the one that's applicable.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. Perhaps someone else will have more success in leading you to the man's name.

• Administrators

That does sound familiar, BroMatt...but it's been so long, I can't say for certain. LoveAsBrethren, you could call the church and see if someone there could help you. 219-926-6636

I know its been a long time, that is why I can't exactly remember his name. :)