• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trayvon Martin case: A collision of race, guns and Florida law

• Members

This is an interesting article - Friend of Martin Shooter: I'd Do The Same Thing.
God bless,
Joel ><>.

One thing is for certain, we don't know what it's like in that area, how bad things are and what these people have been up to.

I've known some people who lived in pretty bad areas of cities and they were very jumpy and quick to act because they had faced so much crime and violence.

Should a president of the United States really be making racial based statements like this? Imagine what the media would have done had a 17 year old white been shot in a case like this and President Bush had said if he had a son his son would have looked like the one shot. I really tire of one standard for blacks, another for whites and sometimes yet another for some other races.

• Moderators

hmmm, seems he was more than just a wanna-be cop --he may have been actively preparing for an LE future. He was taking working toward a A.A.in Criminal Justice (a prerequisite for some most police academies in Fl).

He still strayed outside of Fl law in his actions.

• Members

hmmm, seems he was more than just a wanna-be cop --he may have been actively preparing for an LE future. He was taking working toward a A.A.in Criminal Justice (a prerequisite for some most police academies in Fl).

He still strayed outside of Fl law in his actions.

For most cops I'm familiar with, that's normal.

• Members

The article I read stated that Mr. Obama said, "It needs to be thoroughly investigated," I agree 100%, it deserves to be thoroughly investigated for a 17 year old carrying ice tea while eating skittles has been shot down. With that said it would probably be better had he not made no statement.

I stated he was a wanttobe policeman, for I had read that he had been in training, or taking schooling towards being a policemen. Sounds like he was out practicing in his own neighborhood & it backfired on him.

If it had been my child I would be totally upset too.

In the article Joel posted, the man that does the same thing in this neighborhood as the shooter does, & took up for him. leaves his pistol at home.

One thing I disagree with, the family, or maybe friends has stated something like this, He ought to be arrested, tried, convicted, sentenced. It should only be thoroughly investigated by people that have no connection whatsoever with the shooter, & if wrong was done them let the law proceed.

Of course what I stated is based only on the articles I’ve read about this deed.

• Members

Did you know that over St. Patrick's Day weekend there were 49 black on black shootings in the southside of Chicago with twelve deaths and not once did you hear a peep out of the Rev. Al Dullton or Jesse "High Five" Jackson? I guess none of those young men and children reminded Obama (who did all of his community work in the southside of Chicago) of his own children.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

Did you know that over St. Patrick's Day weekend there were 49 black on black shootings in the southside of Chicago with twelve deaths and not once did you hear a peep out of the Rev. Al Dullton or Jesse "High Five" Jackson? I guess none of those young men and children reminded Obama (who did all of his community work in the southside of Chicago) of his own children.

I was just going to raise this point. It's rather disingenuous for so many folks to get all worked up over this one crime when every day in America so many people are murdered, shot, beat and raped yet the media, the black "leaders", those protesting studens and the president don't say a word about it.

When President Bush was in office, before the surge in Iraq, and the media was blowing the deaths in Iraq out of proportion, someone pointed out that each day the media reported on the number of deaths in Iraq and used that to attack Bush, there were more murders in American cities each of those days than in Iraq.

The fact is, most of those crying out about this one crime are only doing so because of alterior motives. When is the president going to call on blacks to stop killing blacks every day of the week, or call upon rap and hip-hop "artists" to stop glorfying murder, rape and attacks upon white people and cops, when are the black "leaders" going to hold press conferences about all the black on black crime in the cities, when are they going to march through the cities facing the black gangs down, when are they going to call black parents to responsibility? When are they going to care as much about a white or hispanic that gets killed by a black person?

All this phony outrage is so hypocritical. Had many of these truly cared about such things and really wanted to do something about crime, they would have been involved before, not just looking for an opportunity to get their 15 minutes of fame while they act outraged.

No doubt, the family and friends of the one killed, as well as a few others, really are upset and care about this incident, but for those all over the TV, including the president, this is just a publicity opportunity and chance to appear concerned.

If so many people cared so much they could be organizing and working to clean up high crime areas, working to restore families, working to provide real education (not the failure of public education), they would get involved in mentoring, they would take the Gospel to the lost, invite people in these areas to church, actually do something to lift people up rather than giving them excuses to be a burden upon society with one hand out and the other grabbing someone elses stuff.

This goes for all races. It may be especially bad in some black parts of cities, but there are also hispanic and white areas that are bad too. If these publicity talkers would become doers perhaps something postive could be done. What they are doing now is calling for what amounts to an execution of the shooter without fact finding or trial.

• Members

Anyone notice when this story first broke the media used the image Trayvon had posted of himself on Facebook trying to look like a gangsta but now they only show a photo of him looking more like he's ten? They also talk of Trayvon as if he was a small, childlike and defenseless kid rather than point out he was 6 foot 3 inches, weighed over 200 pounds and played football.

The media can't be trusted.

• Members

The image on Facebook may have been the only one they had acess to at 1st.

REPORT: NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY ISSUES ‘WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE’ POSTER FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

Nothing right about this, seems this ought to be against the law.

Black Friend Defends Shooter of Florida Teen

Seems he has a black friend that takes up for him.

Seems in america when something like this happens many want revenge, not justices.

At the moment Dateline is having covering this this subject, media will make it so a fair trial is impossible.

• Members

REPORT: NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY ISSUES ‘WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE’ POSTER FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

Seems in america when something like this happens many want revenge, not justices.

At the moment Dateline is having covering this this subject, media will make it so a fair trial is impossible.

The point is, his Facebook picture was the most accurate of what he looked like and how he presented himself in public. The photo they now use is intended to make him look young and small, when he was neither.

Head of the Black Muslims, Farrakahn, has made statements most take as threats of a call for blacks to retaliate over this incident.

Meanwhile, dozens of blacks (as well as those of other races) are attacked, beaten and murdered every day in America, yet this one case is so special and worth national attention. Why? Only because it was a black killed by a non-black and the race baiters saw an opportunity to make political hay out of it.

If these black "leaders" and the media elite were really concerned about black teens being killed, they would have already been active trying to do something about the abundance of blacks killing black teens each week in America. They don't because they know there would be nothing for them to gain from addressing that fact they choose to ignore.

This is all about politics and political power for the black "leaders" and the media elite. To them, Trayvon is just a useful pawn and George is nothing more than a scapegoat and means of pursuing their political ends.

• Members

Wow! "Child killer"? The guy was my age, and around my size (6' 2-3" makes you tower over most people; I know from experience). We're youths, young adults, we're not "children" in the common sense of the term. Ludicrous.

It's amazing how people let emotion get so infused in this, thus muddying the waters. If you believe it's murder, wait and see; if you believe it's not, wait and see.
God bless,
Joel ><>.

• Members

Wow! "Child killer"? The guy was my age, and around my size (6' 2-3" makes you tower over most people; I know from experience). We're youths, young adults, we're not "children" in the common sense of the term. Ludicrous.

It's amazing how people let emotion get so infused in this, thus muddying the waters. If you believe it's murder, wait and see; if you believe it's not, wait and see.
God bless,
Joel ><>.

6'2" or 6'3"? Wow. Notice just about every picture the media shows he's a smaller kid? Some of them he looks around 10 or so. Apparently he was big enough to get on top of Zimmerman and pound on him. Of course, I believe this should be investigated but it's still hypocritical to call this out like they have while ignoring all the shootings in Chicago. They say that us whiteys ignore all the crime in the black neighborhoods when in reality they do. What is Sharpton's and Jackson's answer for this? Call for the lynching (kind of ironic, huh?) of Zimmerman and call for more money to be dumped into Southside Chicago. Neither solving anything.

• Members

God bless,
Joel ><>.

I have no idea if it was muder or not. As I said before, with what I gather from the newspapers, & a few quotes given by some, it sounds a bit fishy. And it would seem the best advise the man ever had was from the 911 operator, which he did not follow. If he had followed that, there would be no death. So even in a way, he is guilty of making a very bad choice that led to a death. Plus so far it seem the person shot had done nothing wrong.

And of course, I thinking comes from news articles, so we know we do not have all the facts, & some of the fact in the media could be wrong or twisted.

My idea is it needs to be thoroughly investigated by some seasoned impractical investigators.

• Members
I have no idea if it was muder or not. As I said before, with what I gather from the newspapers, & a few quotes given by some, it sounds a bit fishy. And it would seem the best advise the man ever had was from the 911 operator, which he did not follow. If he had followed that, there would be no death. So even in a way, he is guilty of making a very bad choice that led to a death. Plus so far it seem the person shot had done nothing wrong.

And of course, I thinking comes from news articles, so we know we do not have all the facts, & some of the fact in the media could be wrong or twisted.

My idea is it needs to be thoroughly investigated by some seasoned impractical investigators.

Agreed 100%.
God bless,
Joel ><>.