• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trayvon Martin case: A collision of race, guns and Florida law

• Members

You can die from being beat up...you don't know if you're going to die until you die, though, so yes, defending yourself against a thug by using a gun is fine.

I don't think Zimmerman started a fight...he was following the guy, which was a mistake, but he did NOT start a "fight".

I think the thing that bothers me the most in this whole thing is that Zimmerman is very obviously a good deal Hispanic. So, duh, this should not be "white vs black" at ALL!!!!! I guess maybe because he's middle class maybe that makes him "white" but he's just as Hispanic as Obama is black.....

I think your right, early on, with what had been stated, I thought Mr. Zimmerman was in the wrong, yet as information came out, it made a complete change.

And yes he was following the person at 1st, but if he was taken from behind, that would mean he stopped following him, & there was no wrong doing. But its not against the law to follow or watch some one walk though a neighborhood, especially your own neighborhood which in recent times had many burglaries.

And there is no doubt in my mind, some neighborhoods needs someone watching, most all of the time.

Today, its easily possible for the one that's helping, can be the one that gets into major trouble. I figure that is why many people refuse to stop & help anyone any longer. Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

I think your right, early on, with what had been stated, I thought Mr. Zimmerman was in the wrong, yet as information came out, it made a complete change.

And yes he was following the person at 1st, but if he was taken from behind, that would mean he stopped following him, & there was no wrong doing. But its not against the law to follow or watch some one walk though a neighborhood, especially your own neighborhood which in recent times had many burglaries.

And there is no doubt in my mind, some neighborhoods needs someone watching, most all of the time.

Today, its easily possible for the one that's helping, can be the one that gets into major trouble. I figure that is why many people refuse to stop & help anyone any longer.

You are so right Jerry. It's very difficult to get some people involved in helping to protect their own neighborhoods because they know they put themselves at risk of physical harm in doing so and they also know how often a criminal is painted as the victim when law abiding citizens try to do the right thing.

Had Zimmerman not shot Martin and had Martin continued to bash Zimmermans head into the ground until he died, we likely never would have heard of this case. The media would have been silent, the president wouldn't have commented, there would have been no special prosecutor, the case would have been left to the locals.

• Members

Had Zimmerman not shot Martin and had Martin continued to bash Zimmermans head into the ground until he died, we likely never would have heard of this case. The media would have been silent, the president wouldn't have commented, there would have been no special prosecutor, the case would have been left to the locals.

Absolutely. Sadly enough. (Oh. And the headline, if there even WAS one, would have said that a black male killed a hispanic male....)

• Administrators

Invicta - it isn't a matter of lack of faith in our justice system. The system itself, as originally intended, works. It's the progressive attitude that has tainted it (like Sotomayer believing that legislating from the bench is ok). And then the media gets into it. By inflaming passions as they have done, they all but guarantee that he will not have a fair trial. Any possible jury member has already heard and read how guilty Zimmerman is and so is compromised in giving a fair judgment of guilty or not guilty.