• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Interesting Script from "End of the Harvest"

• Members

Perhaps these ‘last days’ had already begun in his time…?

Of course, from Pentecost: ..... 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17And it shall come to pass in the last days,

John confirms that: 18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

It was obviously the last time for Jerusalem, the temple & the Jews who rejected Christ, but we should see the last days/time continuing until Jesus returns. We can take to ourselves all the encouragements & warnings.

Whether there will be special signs immediately prior to Jesus' return - signs that we can recognise - I do not see in Scripture, except an intensified persecution as Satan & those who follow him war against believers. (Rev. 20) Our friends in the Muslim may see that, but do we, from the comfort of our computers?

Our Lord's injunction att the end of Mat. 24 stands till he does return. Watch, pray, be faithful servants. Edited by Covenanter

• Members

If the third day is a thousand years long – but how do we know that it is? God is outside time – thus a day to us may be a thousand years to Him or vice versa – but time still exists for us. This could be referring to the millennium - but it could just be referring to 3 literal days. This same logic tries to prove a long-age creation – and that just doesn’t work! The first verse quote here talks of Israel returning to the Lord – before any talk of days or later rain. Has Israel yet returned to their Lord? Besides, Hosea at least 750 years before Christ, right? So 2000 years from then counts to 1250. I don’t remember anything special happening with Israel then…

Hosea 5:14–15 King James Version of the Bible
14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

I believe the two days start at the going away of Jesus at the ascension of Christ. The us that is being revived is the 10 tribes and Judah. They will live in Jesus sight for the 1000 year kingdom of Jesus.

• Members

I believe Jesus is presently reigning - King of kings & Lord of lords.

In Rev. 20 the 1,000 year reign, John sees the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. These are dead believers - they've experienced the first resurrection - conversion (John 5:24 ff) - and are awaiting the bodily resurrection. (1 Thes. 4)

Christ is reigning now, during the present "millennium" with his saints in glory. The concept of a future millennium, where Jesus again lives on earth with the ungodly, & presides over a temple where animal sacrifices for sin are offered acceptably is totally foreign to the NT. As for his glorious reign on earth being such a failure that the whole population turn against him - it's a monstrous lie.

This is ludicrous. Christ reigning with his saints in glory? You must think Satan, the antichrist and false prophet are bound in the pit also? How can you honestly believe this silly nonsense? If Christ and the saints are reigning now (and boy does that sound popish) then what are they reigning over? Surely not over the kingdoms of this world. Where's the "mountain of the Lord" where the knowledge of God is spread from sea to sea and nobody needs to be taught? Yeah, sure. Christ and the saints are really reigning in the Middle East right now aren't they? If Christ is reigning now he sure is doing a lousy job of it.

• Members

This is ludicrous. Christ reigning with his saints in glory? You must think Satan, the antichrist and false prophet are bound in the pit also? How can you honestly believe this silly nonsense? If Christ and the saints are reigning now (and boy does that sound popish) then what are they reigning over? Surely not over the kingdoms of this world. Where's the "mountain of the Lord" where the knowledge of God is spread from sea to sea and nobody needs to be taught? Yeah, sure. Christ and the saints are really reigning in the Middle East right now aren't they? If Christ is reigning now he sure is doing a lousy job of it.

Wilchbla, do you believe in God? The God of the Bible? The God the Apostles & martyrs committed their lives & deaths to?

Did they believe Christ ascended to his glorious heavenly throne?
Luke 24:25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Acts 1:3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

2:16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ,
32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Did Peter express the slightest doubt the Jesus was on his heavenly throne, or that Jesus had failed in any way? Perhaps he didn't have your insight - "If Christ is reigning now he sure is doing a lousy job of it."

• Members

Blah blah blah. The bottomline is is that your Savior is doing a crummy job of reigning right now if he is. Especially in the Middle East where there is NO knowledge of God. In fact, some nations like Somalia and Afghanistan are 100% Muslim. And take a walk down the Red Light district in Amsterdam or the French Quarter in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and then tell me the devil is bound in the pit right now.

• Members
Blah blah blah.

Obviously you have nothing sensible to say. So why say anything?

Mt 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
Mr 3:27 No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Did Jesus not bind the strong man, Satan, and enter his house, and spoil his goods, that is His redeemed souls?

• Members

Obviously you have nothing sensible to say. So why say anything?

Mt 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
Mr 3:27 No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Did Jesus not bind the strong man, Satan, and enter his house, and spoil his goods, that is His redeemed souls?

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." Colossians 2:15 Edited by John81

• 6 years later...
  • Members
On 3/22/2012 at 11:32 AM, Standing Firm In Christ said:

In the movie, End of the Harvest, David White's character, Matt, stands before a psychology class and presents the following dialogue (written by Rich Christiano and not Jeffrey Bartell):

While this is just a movie script, I find it very compelling.

Where is the rest of the script...???

Where is the rest of the script...???