• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1Timothy115

Noise And Heat; How Will God Destroy The Earth?

Col. 1:17- And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Apparently scientists can't explain what holds atoms together. The nucleus should be pushing itself apart. They'll say electromagnetism but that's usually the answer they give for everything that they can't figure out. Kind of how the doctor says it's your nerves when he doesn't know whats wrong with you. Well, in this case It is the hand of God that holds it all together and when he let his hand off there's gonna be one major nuclear explosion in the universe.

Eric,
I didn't have as much time yesterday to work on this as I thought. When I read the chapter in Isaiah, I thought it meant words coming from a man. But reading it over, I decided to put it to the commentaries and here is what I found about one verse which, you are using out of context.

In Isaiah 33:11 indicates it is man’s breath that burns the people as lime.

Isaiah 33:11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
Isaiah 33:12 And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire.

This has nothing to do with a prophecy of God destroying the earth or even God destroying Jerusalem. It has to do with God intervening to destroy an invader of Jerusalem.

Your short description of vs. 11 is inaccurate. You combined parts of two verses 11 and 12 which could have led anyone astray. The people that are burned of their own breath are not Jews or gentiles "from the islands." Reading every commentary I can find this speaks of Assyrian invaders (vs.1 “…Woe to thee that spoilest…”) being destroyed by God intervening for the Jews. The Assyrians wanted to sack Jerusalem and take all of the treasures they could.

I have a tenacity about me when I suspect a brother has used scripture out of context. Then, if I find one it encourages me more. I hope you have not published this work because you need to do a lot of editing. I see you're posting more scripture have you checked for context?

Yes it will be Assyria or modern Syria that cause Israel’s glory to be thin but Israel will blow Damascus away.

Isaiah 17:1–14 KJV 1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being
a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts.
4 And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.
5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the Lord God of Israel.
7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
8 And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.
9 In that day shall his strong cities be as a forsaken bough, and an uppermost branch, which they left because of the children of Israel: and there shall be desolation.

Yes it will be Assyria or modern Syria that cause Israel’s glory to be thin but Israel will blow Damascus away.

Isaiah 17:1–14 KJV 1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being
a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts.
4 And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.
5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the Lord God of Israel.
7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
8 And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.
9 In that day shall his strong cities be as a forsaken bough, and an uppermost branch, which they left because of the children of Israel: and there shall be desolation.

You insist on using scripture out of context, why? Should the desire to be right twist scripture?

Apparently scientists can't explain what holds atoms together. The nucleus should be pushing itself apart. They'll say electromagnetism but that's usually the answer they give for everything that they can't figure out. Kind of how the doctor says it's your nerves when he doesn't know whats wrong with you. Well, in this case It is the hand of God that holds it all together and when he let his hand off there's gonna be one major nuclear explosion in the universe.

Agreed!

God only has to speak.

Gen. 1:3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

God created the world by His word.

God sustains the world by His word.

Hebrews 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

God only has to speak.

And just following 9-11, it was OK to mention God, praying for someone, without hearing any hate, but it did not take America long to get over that, & back to normal. So I feel safe to say, even with a huge disastrous event worse than 9-11 with many thousands or hundred of thousands of casualties, talk of God & prayer would be only welcome in the public for only a short time.

Of course if you happen to mention it might be from God's judgment, you would be publicly ridiculed even by many professing Christians.

And just following 9-11, it was OK to mention God, praying for someone, without hearing any hate, but it did not take America long to get over that, & back to normal. So I feel safe to say, even with a huge disastrous event worse than 9-11 with many thousands or hundred of thousands of casualties, talk of God & prayer would be only welcome in the public for only a short time.

Of course if you happen to mention it might be from God's judgment, you would be publicly ridiculed even by many professing Christians.

This came up last week in Sunday school. It was pointed out how right after 9-11 many people flocked to churches and there was public prayer, talk of God and donations to churches. Yet it didn't last but a few weeks. Once the shock wore off most folks went back to their old routines with no more thought of God, prayer or church.

It's amazing how many professing Christians can look at America today and say she is being blessed and there is no judgement upon her. This denies the tremendous debt America is in, the loss of American manufacturing which American dependence upon other nations for survival, the flood of millions of illegals who don't share our religion or government ideals and don't want to be American, wars, cities in decay, strife all about, freakish weather, etc.

You insist on using scripture out of context, why? Should the desire to be right twist scripture?

Damascus was not destroyed yet, that was prophecy for the tribulation. Edited by Eric Stahl

Not surprising, they fail to give God credit for creating something out of nothing, & refuse to give Him credit for hanging the world in space on nothing, yet they go berserk when a magician tricks them into believing he has levitated an object much smaller than this earth

Not surprising, they fail to give God credit for creating something out of nothing, & refuse to give Him credit for hanging the world in space on nothing, yet they go berserk when a magician tricks them into believing he has levitated an object much smaller than this earth

If they admit God is creator and sustainer then that means scientists can't figure everything out and they are not as smart as they think they are. Better in their minds to create all sorts of theories to explain away what they can't understand or find answers to than to even consider God may be real.