• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

John81

Revelation 20:5

The first resurrection is spiritual - conversion - so John see the souls of the martyrs, living & reigning in heaven. We spiritual are already kings and priests unto God.

Rev. 1:
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first beg
ot
ten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. U
nt
o him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests u
nt
o God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

20:
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Eph. 2:
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

What is there to protect us from the second death - hell? Only the saving blood of Christ. The first resurrection takes place every time a soul is saved, & we are secure in Christ, & need have no fear of the second death.

1 Tim 115'

The dead that will stand before God will be redeemed from the earth both body and soul.

I find it hard to work out what your reasoning is here.

We, and all others who are redeemed, are bought by the blood of Christ, and that took place at his death and resurrection.

Seth-Doty there will also be a mid tribulation catching up see my post on "The five phases of the first resurection"

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation 11:3,7-14 KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7 who where redeemed from the earth. Revelation 14:1-4 KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4 KJV

With the exception of the two witnesses, which are clearly raised mid trib, I consider your statement here to be rather tenuous and unprovable. The verses you reference don't prove it at all. Could it happen? Sure, but I don't think there is much if any scriptural evidence for it, and I can't see what the point of it would be anyway. If anything revelation 6:14 would seem to indicate against a further resurrection till the end of the trib. I think the key point is that Christ is the resurrection and the life and anyone who has believed on him will be part of the first resurrection when ever they are raised. No point in quibbling to much about a possible mid trib resurrection though as I can't see what doctrinal difference it would make and I don't expect to be here then anyway. :coolsmiley: Edited by Seth-Doty